Go Bottom Go Bottom

POWER TRAC PT-1445

View my Photos
EZ-ONE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-17          45070

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A POWER TRAC PT-1445. 1996 I THINK. THIS IS GAS POWERED BY AN INDUSTRAL FORD ENGINE. IT RUNS GREAT. I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASED MANUALS FOR THIS MACHINE. OR PAY SOMEONE TO COPY THEIR MANUAL FOR ME. MY HYDRAULICS SEEM SLOW WITH THE LIFT CYLNDERS AND TILT CYLINDER. ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED. THANKS

J.J.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

POWER TRAC PT-1445

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-18          45092

No direct help here and I guess powertrack manuals aren't available. I'd copy down everything that looks like ID on the engine. There usually is a code stamped on the block somewhere. There's a good chance that the engine was used in other equipment for which manuals might be available.

I doubt that New Holland supports anything the engine was used in. However, NH does offer reprinted manuals for the Ford Tractors it supports and I believe they use an external publisher. There a chance that the publisher has rights to more manuals than just the Ford tractors and a NH dealer could identify the publisher. Neither my Ford repair nor parts manuals identify the publisher.

I wouldn't expect that somebody who works in a publishing house would be able to match an engine code with a piece of equipment for which they have a manual but anything is possible. A particular piece of equipment might have to be identified. Older equipment that might have used Ford industrial engine is sometimes discussed at yesterday's tractors. Maybe somebody there has a suggestion. Who knows how many decades the engine may have been in production.

JD Fundamentals of Service Manuals might be of some general help. I can't say for sure but I did order the FOS manuals that cover diesel engines and hydraulics. (and me a Ford owner). The JD dealer called Friday and said the manuals were in so I might be able to say if something like that might be helpful later in the week.

POWER TRAC PT-1445

View my Photos
Charlie Iliff

2002-11-18          45104

J.J
I have a PT 1845 new this year. The manuals are not very good, which I knew before I bought. For mine, there is an owner's manual and a manual for the service course which they give at Power Trac.
For an issue like the speed of the lift and tilt hydraulics, it is worth a call to Terry Estep, at Power Trac, 800-843-9273. The spped of response of the hydraulic cylinders is determined by cylinder size and pump output, rather than pressure. I'm not sure what exactly could malfunction to cause slow response. Terry or someone else at PT should be able to identify the ports where test equipment can be attached, and advise about speed of response.
Charlie Iliff ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login