Go Bottom Go Bottom

info

View my Photos
Jim Metz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-25          25863

I'm looking for a tractor that one of my employees saw at the gcsaa trade show. It sounds like the perfect machine for my needs, but he can't remember the brand. It was an articulating 4wd with cab, but what I liked about it was it was bidirectional .It was around 50 to 60 hp but small in stature. I know this is larger than most of the tractors on the board ,but I hope sombody may know somthing about it . Thnk you, Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

info

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-03-25          25866

Jim, that sure sounds like some of the Italian and Swiss orchard tractors. There are a lot of good makes that one never sees in the US. Landini is a well known example. They make a line of articulated 4wd bidirectionals called the "Discovery" models. Ferrari makes tractors... Deutz is another brand. Europe has a lot of this type of small tractor with 3pt hitches at both ends. They are fairly expensive by US standards, tend to be air-cooled diesels, and have quite a bit higher horsepower than one would expect. ....

info

View my Photos
Jim Metz

2001-03-26          25935

You're right Roger, it's Italian, found it on the web at www.antoniocarraro.it A good looking tractor that fits my needs, but a little pricey. Thanks for your help,Jim ....

info

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-03-26          25945

Aren't they nice tractors, though? There was a used one for sale locally parked by the front of an "Estate Farm". It had the cab with filtered air - heated and cooled of course. No implements except the most elaborate tiller that I have ever seen. The price was in the cab window...I took some pictures....Think it was about $45K...To anyone who hasn't been to Antonio's web site it is worth the trip. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login