Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
R.G. Nifong
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-30          6423

I'm trying to choose between a Kubota B2710, a NH TC25, or a NH TC29. I would use it for light landscaping so I would get a loader and a box scrape but not sure about a mower. I would consider a lower HP tractor but I'm afraid of not being able to dig with it. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-07-31          6459

I can't comment on the NH tractors, but I have about 65 hours on my Kubota B2710, and it is a fine tractor. I run a 5-foot rotary cutter, a finishing mower and a box blade. The loader is very strong and easy to operate. This tractor will pull whatever bite I get with the box blade, and the loader has a surprising amount of digging power. It operates the 5-foot cutter in rough vegetation with ease. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
prl in va

1999-07-31          6463

All are fine tractors, although you appearing to mixing basic tractor sizes.The B series do not in my opinion match up with the TC25/29.I noticed this at a local dealer who had a Cub 7274, a TC29, B2400,and B2710 sitting next to each other in the lot. The Cub andNH TC are in a different physical size and weight class.Just my observations. Start with this basic decision. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Jon Williams

1999-07-31          6464

I own a B2710 and love the machine. It is very stable on rough/hilly ground. The dealer I bought my B2710 (also sell NH) and told me that the B2710 has greater clearance for a belly mower.I think both tractors are great, but the B2710 is very nice. Go orange and you will not regret it.Comments/Regards ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-07-31          6484

You noticed that the B2710 doesn't "measure up" to the the NH tractors simply by seeing them sitting next to one another on the same lot? Check the specs, and you will find that they are indeed in the same class.I hear that the NH are nice tractors, but certainly not something the Kubotas don't "measure up to". ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
prl in va

1999-08-01          6494

Interesting I managed to say all that in my post?????The NH TC 25/29 are in my opinion in the Kubota L class. I was simply suggesting the person settle on the basic tractor size first. Nothing more or less. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
W. Marchand

1999-08-01          6497

FWIW, I was 1ooking for a 2710 at a dea1er (if you notice I'm using a 1 for a etter, it's because the 1etter don't work), the guy said that the Case - New Ho11and merger may have an effect on the Boomer 1ine. Case has aready decided to drop its compact 1ine due to Kubota's overwheming market share. He said that the same management team wi11 be running the compact show for NH, with obvious imp1ications. True? Who knows. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Tom

1999-08-01          6502

If you have a problem with the NH customer factory service is non-existent in my oppinion. I'm switching to Kubota as soon as I can make it happen. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-08-01          6511

You can't compare the TC25 to the B2710? They are the same HP and size. You're not hurting my feelings any since I don't own any stock in Kubota. I just feel like that information is misleading to someone trying to compare the two. Just exactly what is it about the TC25 that the 2710 does not measure up to, so that it is not "in its class".Nothing personal. Just wondering. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-08-01          6512

Despite my recent glowing recommendation of the Kubota 2710, and I still think it is a great tractor, I must tell you that the last couple of weeks the power steering has been balking during use of the 5' rotary cutter in extremely hot weather - 102 degrees. There is one other person I have found on the Kubota Source site who has had the same problem. I have not had the tractor looked at by my dealer as yet, but you should ask about such a problem before you buy.I don't regret my purchase, but you should consider it since you haven't bought yet. I feel it will probably be fine. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
prl in va

1999-08-02          6519

I've re-read my posts. Still feel they are valid.One of the basic decisions (among many) any potential tractor owner needs to make is the basic tractor size. For example, I own a Cub 7260. I looked at the Kubota B series then skipped them for L series because of the basic tractor size.They are all fine tractors including your B2710. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-08-02          6526

We are beating that horse to death, but the point I'm trying to make is that the B2710 is the same width, length, and height as the TC25, and has the same horsepower. And there is some overlap of "size" and "horsepower" between the B and L series. I think most would rate the B2710 a superior tractor to the L2500, which is a basic design without floorboard, etc.Best regards. We fellow tractor owners need your input. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
terry

1999-08-23          7261

have you looked at the JD 4300? You will have to wait a bit for delivery as my dealer tells me they are selling so well there's a waiting line. ....

Kubota vs NHBoomer

View my Photos
Mike Duncan

1999-10-25          9116

I am also comparing the B2710 to the TC29D. I need input on loader ops,ease ofuse and problems on both.The NH dealer says it won't left 3" balled trees;while,the KUBOTA dealer say no problem. Where does all the extra weight come from on the NH compared to the KUBOTA. Please help with prices on both with turf tires and a loader. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login