Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-09          36220

Looking at a Ford 1310 w/ FEL, 750hr, 1984. Does anyone have any info on said tractor? Specifically: engine HP, PTO HP, size thoughts, can a chipper be used, who actually makes it. I have 7.5 acres, mostly woods, want to clear about 1 acre and plant crops for wildlife. Additionally want to make trail system for walking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, ???. Is this tractor going to be large enough. Any idea a fair price?? Any help is appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford 1310

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-10          36231

Tracortips.com gives basic stats for the tractor. Clearing land is quite a chore for a compact of any size unless light duty rotary cutting is all that's required. Removing stumps is a big job. It can be done but larger stumps probably have to be dug out with a backhoe. For that work, a bigger compact would just make a long job a little shorter.

It sounds like you will have about one acre plus bush to maintain. Most people don't need very big tractors for one acre unless some heavy lifting is required. Small tractors get around faster and can go places big ones can't.

Snowshoes are the preferred means of transportation for my wife and self during the winter. One advantage of the tech shoes we use is that they don't require much of a trail. Bush crash a couple of times and knock off a few limbs, and trails become fairly passable. The ice crampons make hills and river ice reasonable parts to include in trails that would be impassible for traditional shoes. The tech shoes aren't all that great in deep power however.

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Lazy JZ

2002-03-10          36240

I am currently trading in my 1985 1310, 4WD, 12 X 4 manual transmission for a New Holland TC 30. I've owned the 1310 for 11 years and it has served me well. It's rated at 21 HP and 18 PTO. I had no problem using a 4-foot rotary mower. With a 770A FEL its lift capacity is 800 pounds. My only complaint was the lack of power steering, especially while using the FEL. It gets tremendous fuel economy. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>

2002-03-11          36247

Lazy JZ-
What is your dealer giving you for your 1310 for a trade value? Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to find a huge amount of data on this tractor so your info is much appreciated. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Lazy JZ

2002-03-11          36251

Matt,

I'm getting $5,900 trade in credit for my 1310. It's in good to very good condition. The TC 30 I'm getting has the mechanical 9 x 3 transmission, 7308 FEL with HD bucket (60"), R4 (industrial) tires with liquid ballast (water and methanol. Price; $15,800. I couldn't pass up moving up to a brand new tractor, new tires, power steering, with warranty for 10 grand plus my old unit. I do have the owner's manual on the 1310 and the 770A FEL so let me know if you need any additional information. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>

2002-03-11          36268

Lazy JZ,
Thanks for the info, it is helpful. Wonder what your NH dealer will turn around and sell the 1310 for?? I'm sure he'll make enough $$$ that it'll surprise you. Where did you get owners/service manual from ?? I'll need to get one.Told the dealer I'ld be by on Thurs to pickup (unless I find out more info on these boards that convince me otherwise). Good luck w/ new tractor, I'm jealous! Sounds like a decent deal from what I've been reading. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-12          36272

I bought 1710 repair and parts manuals through my NH dealer. The parts manual covers everything from 1210's to 2110's. The manuals are reprints, and sometimes the publisher is out of stock. Delivery can take a couple of months. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Lazy JZ

2002-03-12          36277

Matt,

The operator's manuals for the 1310 and 770A loader came with the tractor when I bought it from the original owner. When I first discussed a trade in with the dealer I was quoted a retail price of around $6,000 for the unit plus about $2,000 added for the FEL. This was sight unseen. Since that visit, the dealer used another "book" to establish value and here is where the $5,900 complete price was offered. I figured they'd offer it for perhaps $7,500 and accept $7,200. I just listed it here (Albuquerque, NM) for $6,800. ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>

2002-03-12          36290

Lazy JZ
Guess what?? My NH dealer has a price on the 1310 I've been talking to you for $7500, surprise.. surprise. He says he won't negotiate. I'm going to ask him to throw in a 5ft back blade for that $$$. We'll see. Again, Thank You !! ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>

2002-03-13          36315

Lazy JZ/TomG-
Been trying for days to get on NH web page for into w/ no luck. Either of you guys have any wisdom that will help a knuckle head like me have access to NH web page ?? ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-14          36321

Matt: The N.A. New Holland corporate site is at: http://www.newholland.com/na/

The page did load very slowly when I tried it just before 7 am this morning. It does want to load a plugin and run active x. I replied no to both and the page continued to load, but slowly.

Ford 1310

View my Photos
Matt w>

2002-03-17          36416

Picked up the tractor from the dealer on Thursday. Boy am I excited, my wife is telling me I have a sparkle in my eye like a little boy. Already have started putting in the new driveway, oh what fun !!! Thanks for all your help w/ my decision, I'm thinking I'll be happy. Matt ....

Ford 1310

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-17          36419

That's real good, and I remember myself similarly. The first thing I did was order a load of gravel (the very same day) and start on the driveway. I wonder if there's something contagious called drivewayites and a tractor is the only cure. Seem like quite a few people take the cure.

In my case nothing bad happened in my first uses. Later I became aware that I should have been familiar with ballasting ideas before bouncing down the drive with full buckets of gravel. People grow into tractors and tractors into the land. Happiness lasts most times.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login