Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mounting a Kubota Midmower

View my Photos
Pete Johnson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-01          4596

Is there any way to mount the 60" midmower on a Kubota B1700 w/ loaderwithout raising the front wheels (either with the loader or a jack).The dealer says no, but the owners manuel say nothing about raising the frontThanks,Pete

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
GenebinNJ

1999-06-02          4627

Pete,I have a B7300 and haven't found a real easy way around that one. The front outrigger wheels on my 54" deck hit the 4wd drive tube if I manage to get them past the wheels.I have found that using the loader works the best. Since I never use the loader with the deck on I just schedule my loader use/deck dismount and vise versa at the same time.I previously read some threads about driving over the deck(with the front wheels), making sure to block it with some wood. I tried that once and it worked OK. The only thing that went awry, with that trick, is that I have set my mower height to 3" cut. And with that height, the bottom of the 4wd axle scraped the gearbox on the deck.I feel this is the price paid for having a very compact and manuverable tractor. I'm willing to suffer a little. ....

View my Photos
mjc

1999-06-02          4632

Stating the obvious. How about a ramp set? On and off, just make sure you chock the wheels.MJC ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-02          4634

Pete,In looking at new compacts, one of my questions was for him to SHOW ME how theDeck disconnects. He drove over it connecting/disconnecting the mower!! He said that's what Kubota recommends.(.??.) Sounds like you've received a few good tipsalready from experienced guys. Sorry, I can't be of more assistance, My experience has been withJD equipment, which seems to be designed for easy mounting/removal. ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-02          4635

Rechecking my wording, "him" refers to the Kubota dealer I visited.In re-reading all the postings. Isn't there any way for experienced/real worldguys like yourselves to post these questions/concerns to Kubota? There is no reason to spend that kind of cash for a compact, and you still have to mess around with jacks,blocks, ramps. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.. ....

View my Photos
Pete Johnson

1999-06-02          4655

Thanks for the replies.It's not that it's difficult to raise the front end,I'm just surprised the manuel doesn't say to, if it is the only way(In fact it specifically says to remove the loader first. ????) ....

View my Photos
larry murray

1999-06-02          4670

Fellas:This is the easiest way to mount the mower. Take your loader and turn thebucket down so that the edge is vertical over a 4x4 block of wood approx.two feet long. Set it up so that the block will not kick out. Push down on theloader and lift up the front of the tractor so that you can roll the mower under.Ease the loader back down and push the mower back slightly toward the rear wheels.Attach the spline to the pto, two side pins and front mounting bracket. Now Just Remove the loader by following the user manual directions.Go Forth and Mow!!!! ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-03          4688

Sorry guys, but these block & tackle/loader methods sound like a lawsuit waiting to happen!!Larry, I'm sure you are an experienced equipment user,with common sense. Many people are not.Case in point: McDonald's coffee cups have "CAUTION..HOT" plastered all over due to a lawsuit.Because someone spilled hot coffee on her legs while DRIVING. Sounds unbelievable, but it happened!Unfortunately, in todays world you can become a millionaire from being an idiot! ....

View my Photos
larry murray

1999-06-04          4726

MLS:Nobody said anything about a block and tackle. Read carefully. The 4x4 block is on the solid concret.Let's not make it tough. If you have any concerns place jack stands under the front axle.LM ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-17          5239

I apologies for using incorrectly stating Block & tackle methods, when I should have saidPut a few Wooden Blocks here & and try tackling the mowing into position. Kidding, just had to throw that in.First off,lets clear one thing up front. Larry's method assumes you have a loader, mine assumes you may not.Apologies If I affended anyone, but my point was, one should should not have to perform shade tree methods or OWN a loader to mount and dismount a mower, I'm sorry but all the reasons & excuses in the world arent't going tomean a thing when someone gets hurt! Its that simple! I am not trying to make your Loader method seem in poor taste or unsafe, but you are being very nieve if you think everyone with a compact has at least as much common senseas you. Your response may be "well they should be operating a tractor if they are that dumb". Right you are my friend,but guess what, they have just as much right to purchase one as you do. The bottom line is that Kubota shouldhave a "proper way" of installing the mower, without a loader! If you choose other ways, that's your business. But at least you can'tsay "Kubota never told me, or showed me". Maybe I'm looking at things from a different angle because my compact's mower installation(type withheld) is simple enough that my 12 year old daughter can install it with ease, and has.So that leads me to the next question for you, is: How DO people without loaders install the mower on a Kubota? ....

View my Photos
bsauter

1999-07-13          5932

I have a B2150 that for three years I did not have a loader. I merely drove right over the deck to mount it and reversedto unmount. Takes about five minutes to hook or unhook it when you know what you're doingThe deck is designed to be driven over. Never bent any metal in three years of taking it on and off.The deck manual show how to do it (RC60-21B). Now that I have a loader it is even easier. About three minutes to hook up. ....

View my Photos
george

1999-07-13          5947

I can't believe your dealer could not tell you how to install mower w/out the loader, it is simple! First turn your wheel hard to the left. With the deck on the right side of the tractor,(smooth floor helps)roll the deck under at an angle, the left side should be forward of the right side by 8-10 inches. It is a tight fit but is easy if approached from the right angle. Incidentally, and this is in the book, the left rear gage wheel shoul be rotated 90 degrees so that the deck rolls sideways and the front "H" shaped quick connect bracket should be taken off and reinstalled when the deck is under the tractor. I can do the whole procedure in under 2 minutes ....

View my Photos
Pete M

1999-07-23          6209

Not that this helps anyone here, But I just wanted to say how much I love my WOODS mower. You simply drive over the mower to remove,and back on to replace. Takes a few minutes.Of course I never found a good way to do the Kubota belly mower on the kubota. ....

View my Photos
D Roby

1999-08-08          6756

How does it mow? I was looking at a mid mower for a B2100 and the dealer said it didn't work very well. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login