Go Bottom Go Bottom

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
Pop
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-16          64079

I want a small Yanmar to do some wildlife food plots and mowing. Will a 1110D (at about 990 lbs) handle a small bush hog? I dislike wheelies EVERYTIME you raise the lift! Sometimes it just happens, but I really like to feel like the front wheels can remember where the ground is. I anticipate using a small disk and bush hog of 48 inches or less and maybe my "sleve hitch" 10 inch bottom plow.

FYI I currently am using an old Yazoo mower, a real old Yazoo tiller and a 1964 JD 110 with a 10 inch bottom plow so you should know that high speed performance is not my concern.

Thanks
Don

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-17          64110

I think that's an older model Yanmar and I can't find Tractortips specs for it. From the weight it sounds like it might be small for the intended uses. Finding CAT I implements that are small enough for it in might be difficult. The tractor may not have a CAT I 3ph and CAT 0 implements would be smaller but not as available as CAT I. I would research the parts and maintenance support and direction of pto rotation for it. ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
oldman

2003-09-19          64398

Thanks TomG

I had my eye on a 1500, then reality set in. My trailer will not haul one. When I added up the cost of the 1500, a trailer, a bush hog, a disk, and a new truck to pull it. I was out of the tractor business. An 1110d is an older model and more the size of a lawn tractor. I was just hoping and wishing. My old JD 110 with a Kohler 8 HP and 4 speed is OK, I just want a real tractor.

Don't get me wrong! That JD110 will do about as much work as the 2N Ford I used to have. I owuld just like a Diesel with a more responsive and dependable lift than the old Ford. My JD has a manual lift hitch that is a BEAR with a bottom plow.

OldMan ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-20          64416

I'd hang in there. Deals are around but take time. My neighbour is in the yard sale buz and watches the papers and goes to auctions. If I were looking for a tractor, I'd ask him to keep an eye out.

I can't trailer my Ford 1710 either but I do highway it 10 miles to our camp when I need to do work a riding mower can't do. I trailer the riding mower. My dealer gave me a break on transportation costs the one time it needed shop work. He was able to extend the run of a trucker coming this way and charged me only for the extra time and mileage. Organizing work in this way gets me the tractor I need to do my work but avoids having to have a bigger truck.

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
timspence1

2009-08-07          164739

you use a yazoo tiller? that caught my eye :) been looking for info on one my father-in-law as acquired. even yazoo company has no info. posted in several antique tractor mags. requesting info. no replys. do you have any info you can share on your yazoo tiller. evidently not many were made. thanks
tim spence
671 south poplar
dresden, tn 38225 ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-09          164781

It's common to use front weights to balance a rear implement, and with that model's 4WD they won't reduce the traction significantly. But it's rather rare, so I would first ask a dealer such as Hoye or Jamieson Tractors about parts availability. ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-09          164805

The YM1110d is not a real common model & doesn't have a US similiar tractor. The powershift transmission is pretty durable. I don't receive many parts calls on the powershift. The engine parts should be available. Jamieson does not deal in Japanese model tractors. The Japanese models have enough lower gears that you can operate a bush hog on it. ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-08-10          164816

He didn't say so, but a good place for information and parts is Len at Sheaffer Tractors.

It's known that PTO speeds differ in export vs. Japanese-market models, but I didn't know about the gear ratios. ....

1110D Yanmar

View my Photos
MickeyNew

2010-09-17          174077

I just got a Yazoo 5 HP, front tine tiller. I hope to get it running. I also have two Yazoo big wheel mowers.

Picture Link
Yanmar Tractors 1110D Yanmar

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login