Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
gpf1961
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-24          179152

I'm looking at a Yanmar 3220D w/ a front end loadre, 5' HD cutter w/ slip clutch, rotary tiller, box blade, arger.. This tractor has been shed kept and regular service has been done..223 hours. From everything I have read the Yanmar tractors are very good tractors...the asking price is $9,000...is this a good price for this tractor?
Thanks for any input!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-24          179154

It was made in the early 80s, used commercially in Japan, and exported by a jobber, making it a "grey market" model. Its hour meter goes only to 999.9, so it could have 1223 hours. Or 10223.

If everything's in good shape I'd guess the tractor and the attachments are each worth up to $4500, so while I wouldn't call it a bargain, the asking price is not way out of line.

"Grey" mainly means that Yanmar won't support it, i.e., supply parts or manuals. On the other hand, greys are so common that a number of dealers have work-arounds for most of what you're likely to need. But on the third hand, the more popular the model, the better this kind of dealer support, and the 3220 is bigger than the more common models and it had a briefer production run.

Hope that helps a bit. ....

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
winston1

2011-06-24          179158

"If" the tractor and equipment are in good condition I think that is a good price. It would be here in East Texas at least. ....

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
gpf1961

2011-06-25          179161

I appreciate your input....Thanks! ....

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
gpf1961

2011-06-25          179162

Are parts harder to find for the 3220 and if parts were needed where would you look? After talking to the owners again they told me this was a refurbished tractor that they bought 1.5 years ago and put 200 hours on it around their farm..they are moving and don't want to haul it up north...have never had any problems and have serviced it regular..
I appreciate your input!
Thanks! ....

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-25          179163

I don't know but can point you. One is Leonard Shaefer of Shaefer Tractors. If you do a Yanmar search here, you'll find his comments and perhaps his address. Another is Hoye Tractor. You can search their site for 3220 parts and a list of non-recommended models, then ask Aaron there what he thinks.

Ya, most greys were purported to have been "refurbished." If done by a stateside dealer, there are records, but if supposedly performed (including by the "factory") over there, there's reason to question this. There's zero provenance on a grey prior to import.

A tractor is no objet d'art; it's there to work. The essential question is what you intend to do with it. If it suits your needs, it's not a total risk. If worst comes to worst, either you can get parts for it or you can part it out for other 3220 owners and use the implements (which represent half the value in this package) on another tractor. ....

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
winston1

2011-06-25          179168

You can browse here and see a pretty good listing of parts for the ym3220. ....

Picture Link
Yanmar Tractors Yanmar 3220D

Yanmar 3220D

View my Photos
gpf1961

2011-06-25          179171

Yall don't know how much I appreciate all the help...and it all has been helpful..ll this will help me i mking my decision..
We are not big time farmers here...pasture and food polt bush hogging and discing and planting foodplots... I do not p[lan alot of hard tractor work..which ever kind of tractor I get...
I've got a 1952 Ford 8N now and does fine except no bucket and not alot of lift power.. My plans are to restore this tractor some day..
Again I thank everyone for their input! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login