Go Bottom Go Bottom

165d water in transmission oil

View my Photos
ronwest
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-27          165977

Any advise on what to do after I drain the hyd/trans oil, cleaned the filter, ordered a new grommet. It was milky white,
I fixed the leak source, the boot over the shift arm ball was not down allowing rain to leak in over time.
Should I attempt to flush? And with what.
This is while I wait for the grommet to come in.
Thanks,
Ron

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-27          165978

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We've had some machines with lots of water in thesystem. Usually from working in deep water.

All we do is drain them, including draining but not changing the filter, then refill with clean oil and run them gently for a bit. Then drain and change the fluid and filter.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-27          165989

Don't even have to drain it all (unless it's 500 hrs old, when you should change it and the filter anyway). Water is heavier, so let it sit for a few days, open the drain(s) underneath, let some out, replace the drain plug, and add an equal amount. Run it and repeat. Ditto, until what you drain doesn't appear milky. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login