Go Bottom Go Bottom

open platform yanmar fel

View my Photos
danwhitworth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-16          153024

Is it advisable to fit a fel to a f165 Yanmar open platform? I know the late model tractors have done so but this tractor was built mid-late 1980s. Wondering if frame is strong enough or is there problems with metal fatique, breakage etc?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

open platform yanmar fel

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-16          153027

I don't know much about those particular machines, but I do know the biggest problem I see with any machine is the operator. I constantly see smaller machines being used in a rather reckless way, but usually not intentionally.

If you use the machine in a slow, steady, methodical manner and try not to rush or push things too much I doubt you'd have a problem.

As an example, a local fella who digs graves and does headstone work has a B series TLB, it has worked commercially doing that work for a few years now without any problems at all. On the other hand, a local landscape contractor bought the identical machine from the same dealer, before the end of the first year he was back at the dealers screaming about what junk it was. There wasn't anything left of the machine, it was pounded to...... Well you get the idea.

After looking over the machine the findings were astounding. Both FEL arms were twisted to the point that when it was dismounted and the bucket was removed it sprung so far it wouldn't go back on the machine, and the bucket wouldn't go back on either. The backhoe was twisted so far that when it was tucked up into the travel position the bucket was BESIDE the boom arm, not behind it.

The key is keeping the work inline with the tool at hand.

Best of luck. ....

open platform yanmar fel

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-16          153028

It will be strong enough for a size-matched loader, but if it's not 4WD it won't always handle well with the front weighted down.

Attachments go on and off tractors easily, but a FEL is the exception. On the other hand, it's an extremely useful attachment. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login