Go Bottom Go Bottom

U S Authorized Yanmar Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-24          147323

Dear friends,

The following information comes straight from Yanmar's headquarters. A link is posted at the bottom of this page for those who wish to study this issue a bit further.

There are now many people in the U.S. who are finding gray market tractors to be very attractive, due to the prices offered.

Yanmar does not authorize the sale of these tractors in the U.S.

How would you know if the tractor you're looking at is a Gray Market tractor?

Here's a list of the tractors Yanmar makes and offers support for here in the U.S. If the Yanmar tractor is not on this list, it's a Gray Market machine.

U.S. Authorized Yanmar tractors.......

GT 14
YM 122
YM 135
YM 135D
YM 140
YM 140D
YM 146
YM 147
YM 147D
YM 155
YM 155D
YM 165
YM 165D
YM 169
YM 169D
YM 180
YM 180D
YM 186
YM 186D
YM 187
YM 187D
YM 195
YM 195D
YM 220
YM 220D
YM 226
YM 226D
YM 240
YM 240D
YM 276
YM 276D
YM 330
YM 330D
YM 336
YM 336D

See the link posted below.

Link:   U.S. Authorized Yanmar Tractors

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

U S Authorized Yanmar Tractors

View my Photos
lragan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-22          148633

The term "Grey Market" tractor is too often used to downplay the quality of used tractors imported to the U.S. They are not sold here new because of several reasons, primarily safety issues which include no requirement for ROPS or PTO safety shields. I own a Yanmar F20D (grey market) that I installed the ROPS and PTO shield myself and would put it up against any comparable tractor. Check the history of the Yanmar/John Deere relationship. There are grey market tractors and parts available through a number of reputable dealers (Fredricks, LMTC, Hoye, etc.) and I have no allegiance to any of them other than the fact that I like the products that they sell.

As in any situation where you purchase a used piece of equipment, you need to know who you are buying from and what you are buying. There are, or have been, unscrupulous dealers who import "refurbished" equipment that cannot hold up to the rigors of normal tractor use, but there are likewise unscrupulous people who would sell you a piece of domestic cr*p also.

My advice to anyone looking at a grey market product is to do your homework on the manufacturer and deal with a reputable/established dealer who can support you with parts and/or service. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login