Go Bottom Go Bottom

YM 2210BD OIL PRESSURE

View my Photos
duke8444
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-06          140235

I have a YM 2210BD and I am getting an oil pressure light on. I put another sending unit in, but I am still getting a light. When I installed an actually pressure gauge in the block, the pressure read 80 PSI. I suppose I could have gotten another bad sending unit, but what should the pressure read on the gauge.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

YM 2210BD OIL PRESSURE

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-06          140243

80 sounds a bit high, but that's obviously not your problem. When my YM240 oil pressure light started flickering, I tracked the problem down to a corroded socket. Pull the oil pressure light assembly out of the dash, remove the lens and the bulb. If you've got a Dremmel tool or similar, brush/grind the corrosion off the center contact and the round housing that grounds the bulb. At the same time, check for frayed wiring that might be causing a short.

//greg// ....

YM 2210BD OIL PRESSURE

View my Photos
duke8444
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-07          140269

Greg,

Thanks for the information, but it was a bad sending unit. Once I repaced the sending unit, everything was fine. However, again thanks for your feedback.

Earl ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login