Go Bottom Go Bottom

Shifting Yanmar 2620D

View my Photos
Dave Tooker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-16          119413

Hi,
I was wondering if it hurts to shift the yanmar 3 speeds on the automatic shift without letting off the throttle or using the clutch. When it pops into the gears, it doesnt grind, but clunks into the gears and I want to make sure I am not hurting the transmission.

Thanks
David

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Shifting Yanmar 2620D

View my Photos
pumpk1n
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-27          139210

If the 2620 has three ranges, you may find that you get smooth powershifts only in range 2. Modulate the throttle to reduce jerking. The slamming won't bother the clutch, but other drivetrain components aren't happy. ....

Shifting Yanmar 2620D

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-29          146235

Previous post totally accurate; the powershift isn't designed to be adjusted to be smooth at all throttle settings and gears.

Some operators find its handiest use not clutchless shifting on the job but "walking" the tractor when you're not on it. Sometimes you want to move a short distance and don't want to keep hopping on or off, as in backing into an implement. On level ground, engine barely above idle, and with care and an awareness how to put it back into neutral, you can move it while walking beside it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login