Go Bottom Go Bottom

CubCadet 7532 Front Tire wheel change

View my Photos
magnum1990
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-21          186017

Hi everybody! I hope someone can give me advice. I have a 2004 CC 7532 4wd cut. It came with 6.70-15 implement/ag tire on a 15x5 rim. The next model year, Cub went to 7-16 R-1 ag tires. The rear tires stayed the same at 11.2-24 ag on 24x10 rims. My 15's are bald! Upon searching, I can not find an acceptable R-1 replacement that is 6 ply or better with a high enough load rating for my fel. All that is out there are replacement "Implement" or "trencher" tires But, I can find MANY r-1 alternatives in a 16. I suspect this is why cub changed to 16 in 2005. Because they did this, while keeping the rear wheel dimensions exactly the same, there should not be a problem with lead lag. BUT, I can't seem to find out the RIM WIDTH or OFFSET, IF ANY for the 2005 upsize to the 7-16 tire. I have found a source for new 5.5x16 6 hole steel rims with a 4.75" backside offset. This should work with a 7-16 r-1 tire no problem. BUT, Will this work on a 2004 CubCadet 7532 4wd ??? Thank you. P.S. I do not want to use the 6.70-15 implement tires that are out there. The traction bar lugs on the implement tires are generally half the depth of the bar lugs on standard tires. Also, the load ratings for these implement tires are generally less than standard R-1 tires. I have yet to find a 6.70-15 that is not 4 ply. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-22          186025

It would be interesting to know how many hours that you have on your tractor. I wonder as the front tires always wear out faster then the rear, strickly a matter of number of revolutions as well as percentage of max load carried during it's life time.
Did you have issues with it going in and out of four wheel drive?
You might want to check the outer diameter of one to the other of those two tires. for sure the 16" would wear better with a loader if the diameters are the same as it would have a lower side wall height and it should be stronger.

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-24          186043

Hello. ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-24          186044

Hi Art! Thanks for posting. My tractor has 672 hours. Never had a problem going in or out of 4wd. I've used this tractor to hack my small farm out of the wilderness. I have: hauled rock, stone, concrete, mulch, dirt. Dig a pond, foundations, septic field. Build a dam. Plow snow. Every day it seems I find a way to do something with the tractor that I previously did the hard way. It is indispensable. I am so glad I bought it with my Ag tires. My tires are not fluid filled and I do not use chains. MANY TIMES, I have hauled my neighbors much larger, 4wd tractors out of the mud. They all have R-4 tires! Virginia clay is unforgiving. I was hoping that going to a 16 wheel would diminish sidewall flex. This is the only complaint I have about my Ag tires. I've never rolled a tire off the rim but, I've come close a few times. If I LOAD the fel bucket with #78 gravel, my fronts get really squishy. Still looking for the rim width I should get in order to upsize to 16. Thanks, Brian ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-28          186071

Can't answer your specific question but can offer some general comments.

Seems like a huge amount of wear for a small number of hours. I trust you keep it in 2WD except when there's slippage. And if it will always be operated that way, it would be safe to mount fronts that are not identical in circumferance to the originals. ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-28          186075

Yea, I was never really happy with the front ag tires. They were goodyear suretrac with only a 5/8" deep lug when brand spankin'. In my recent searching, I have discovered that these are actually ground driven "implement" tires. They are only 4 ply and were never meant for all the turning while under load activity that a 4wd tractor with a fel can generate. This is probably another reason Cub went to a 16 rim in 2005. There is a wide variety or tires available from many manufactures in an R-1 ag configuration. In the 15 size today, all that seems to be available are "implement" tires with shallow lugs and a lot of sidewall flex. I am sure that plowing my neighbors' driveways over these many years SIGNIFICANTLY wore my front tires. Back in the winter of 2008, we had 26 inches in one storm followed by another 8 a few days later. I plowed for 7 days straight, 14 hours a day. Probably took a quarter inch off my tires! Most of my neighbors have very steep, paved driveways or roads that hug the edge of the mountainsides. I NEED to use 4wd when I plow. Other than that, I only use 4wd in mud or soft dirt, and only when I need to. ( Often to pull my neighbors' stuck Deere ! ) ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2013-01-29          186076

Might want to get legal advice about those originals. ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-29          186081

lol ! That's THE LAST thing I want to do!!! LAWYERS= TAKERS NOT MAKERS! :-) No, the tires are nine years old, They were poor choices to have been put on by the mfg. I just don't want to make the same mistake they did. I'll do my due diligence. My choice WILL be better than theirs. If I sued everyone who failed to deliver on their promises, I'd need to move into the courthouse. It would be a full time proposition. Everywhere you go today, people over-promise, overcharge, and under-deliver. When I bought my NEW Tacoma in 2005, I didn't like the look of the tires. I didn't have a choice with the package I chose. 22,000 miles later, needed new tires! (they were some kind of BF Goodrich) I researched, bought, and installed some Pro Comp all terrain tires. 50,000 miles later...they still have more than 1/2 tread!!! No, I won't seek legal advice. I won't give the takers any more of my time. They have already taken enough! Lawyers are for people who can't put their own boots on....My boots NEVER come off! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2013-01-29          186084

Magnum, they still make a tire that will suit your purpose, in fact it might be the simplest solution too.

Getting replacement rims is not as simple as you might think, nor is it a cheap proposition.

Firestone makes a tire for use in orchards and vineyards that is almost exactly the size you need, it is an 8.0/75-15 with an overlapping chevron design that will give a better ride and longer wear on a front tire position.

It is called a "Firestone Rancher - G1" tire.

Best of luck.

Magnum, they still make a tire that will suit your purpose, in fact it might be the simplest solution too.<br>
<br>
Getting replacement rims is not as simple as you might think, nor is it a cheap proposition. <br>
<br>
Firestone makes a tire for use in orchards and vineyards that is almost exactly the size you need, it is an 8.0/75-15 with an overlapping chevron design that will give a better ride and longer wear on a front tire position. <br>
<br>
It is called a  "Firestone Rancher - G1" tire.<br>
<br>
<br>
Best of luck.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
[p]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SPtrm-5PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/p]<br>
<br>
<br>

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-29          186085

Murf! Thanks! I too have considered that exact tire. It is the ONLY 15" that looks like it would fit my use. However, I haven't pulled the trigger for two reasons. First, the Firestone specs say this tire is for a 6.50 width rim. The factory rim I have is a 15"x5". I have received two differing opinions from local tractor and equipment tire companies. One says, "no problem" the other, "Bad Idea". Second, they are $345 USD EACH!!!! I found a source of brand new 16"x6" rims in my bolt pattern and correct size center-hole. I can get two, delivered for $174 USD. For tires in the 16" size, I've found three different brands, all in the $150-200 USD price range. So, $400 for two tires plus $175 for two rims= $575 and when the tires need replacing again, I shouldn't have such a hard time replacing that size. VS. $690 USD for tires I've been told are a "bad idea" to put on my 5" rims and if they work, I'll be faced with the same dilemma when they need replacing! :-( What do you think? Should I try to stretch the tire meant to fit a 6" rim to fit a 5" rim width? Or just replace the works with all new for less $$$? That's where I'm at. Anybody running 7" tires on 5" rims on a 4wd tractor with a fel out there??? ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-29          186086

One more thing, the offset on the rims that I have access to is 4.750" backside. I just don't know/ can't find out what the Cub factory rim offset was when they went to 16" wheels in 2005. Every thing might fit and I would save $$ only to find out the offset is wrong and I end up rubbing my wheels against the ball joint of the steering linkage. ARGGH!! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2013-01-30          186096

i would try to go to or stay with the ag tire! The tire that Murf suggests might stay on top of the ground instead of dropping in like the rear ag tires and create a bad ratio for the axles. With ag's in soft dirt you have to look at the casing height not the tread like on other tires. ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-01-30          186098

THANKS ART! I had not thought about that. I just finished reading the 10 year long epic thread about New Holland tractors splitting in half. Part of that discussion was a hypothesis about front tires absorbing some of the shock load generated when using the fel. I think this makes sense. If I go with a tire that is too wide or too rigid to allow the front end to "sink" into the ground a little bit, I might be adding to the shock load stresses on the frame. Though it is a CUB, not NH, the fel mounting masts are very similar to the NH . It seems like many manufacturers during this time period used similar set-ups. I haven't had any trouble, but I don't want to go looking for some either. I think I will buy the 16" rims, and find a good pair of R-1 tires to go on them. If the offset on the rims I have access too is not correct, I'll make some spacers. Thank you for all your input! I will update when I get this all put together. Might have to wait a little bit, as I have been spending WAY TOO MUCH $$ on other stuff in the past six weeks! :-( Last night, I saw a bulk ammo for sale $775 for 1,000 rounds! Six weeks ago, I paid $189 !!! CRAZY!! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2013-01-31          186104

The cnh chassis problem is unique to them. There are far more brands without the problem then there is with a problem. ....

View my Photos
magnum1990

2013-06-03          187185

UPDATE!!! Hi guys! I finally was able to buy some wheels for my Cub. I went with 6" wide X 16" rims with a 4 1/2" backside offset from All States Ag parts for $172 delivered and 7x16-6 ply Harvest King R-1 lug tires from a guy on Ebay for $249 delivered. All in, $441 including mounting! I have about 20 hours on them and I absolutely love them! No problems shifting in or out of 4wd. And, this may sound crazy but, I FEEL like the tractor has more horsepower! Maybe I was not aware of how much power I was loosing thru wheel slippage. Now, when I push into a mulch or dirt pile, she just keeps getting it!!! I can go up and down my hills at significantly higher speed. When I load my FEL, my tires don't squat anymore and I don't feel like I am going to roll the tires off of the rims! The lugs on these new tires are almost 1" compared to the old Goodyear Suretrac lugs which were 5/8" when new and were down to 3/8" by 100 hours!
No downside to this swap. Thank You to all for your advice!
I will update with wear test of lug depth after I get more hours on them. ....

View my Photos
pahalgupta

2013-08-13          187843

hey magnum,
you are very worried about rim width and cost of tires. don't you worry, check out offered range is extensively used in tractors and helps to enhance its performance. ....

Link:   Tractor Front Tire & Rear Tire Range

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login