Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor Engine Rebuild Advice

View my Photos
toolate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-25          189214

I am retired now and have some time on my hands..

I used to enjoy ripping cares apart when I was a kid.. have not done so for a while. One auto engine rebuild went well another medicore..liek to have better success with a Tractor rebuild.

Like to get advice on what to avoid and be sure to do from anyone who has done an tractor engine rebuild. I am thinking my first effort would be on an old but running tractor with no problems just old and tired needing a refresh as part of a restoration project.

Please let me hear your thoughts!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Gator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-26          189253

1)Get a restoration kit for the tractor
2)Get as much documentation and manuals as you can
3)get or borrow all tools and measurement micr etc.
4)take pictures as you go, keep notes
5)come up with a way that you plan to store all nuts and bolts etc. A magnetic dish is a good idea to hold onto stuff before you put them in sandwich bags with labels my favorite :(
6)say a prayer and hope all goes well
7) look up therapist if you have problems ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-05          189416

I can't say enough about specifications for the proper size of parts and proper installation of them! Clean!! You can not assemble a engine on a dirt floor and expect it to live.
Old tractors are built out of softer steel as they did not know how to make the steel's that they use today. It is far easier for debris to damage a good finish then it is with todays but still it is critical and when fixing issues on rebuilds foreign debris is the number one cause of premature failure. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login