Snow-way snow plow: Snowblowers / Snow Plows / Removal  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review Snow-way snow plow: Snowblowers / Snow Plows / Removal -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Snowblowers / Snow Plows / Removal Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-11-1999, 00:00 Post: 789
Tom

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Snow-way snow plow

Does any one have any experience with the Snow-Way, Truck mounted snow plow. The one I am interested in, only weighs 391 pounds and has down pressure, with power angle. I was quoted a mounted price without lights for $2495.00. Does that sound reasonable.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 841
RWK in WI

Snow-way snow plow

Aroung here in Wisconsin, Snow-way plows and considered to be a lihter duty unit than Wester, Snow Boss, or Myers. They are generally good for homeoner use but not for comercial or heavy duty use. As for price, check other brands or dealers. Would be considered high here but then we have several dealers and comptition is stiff.

Hope this helps.

01-17-1999, 00:00 Post: 861

Snow-way snow plow

You might want to try SAMs or Walmart they both have SnoWay or Snow Wolf plows for around a $1,000

02-02-1999, 00:00 Post: 989
bob

Snow-way snow plow

I own a snoway plow and find it an excellent piece of equipment. No lift chains to hassle with its lighter but as heavy duty as any plow I`ve used. I recommend it highly.

09-03-2002, 14:35 Post: 41967
Mike Stevens
2002-09-03 00:00:00
 Snow-way snow plow

Please refer to the Sno-Way website www.snoway.com for more information about Sno-Way snow plows. The site will direct you to a dealer listing so you can shop around for pricing. You will not find Sno-Way at WalMart or Sam's Club. If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact Sno-Way customer service at 262.673.7200 - they will be more than happy to assist you. I am an employee of Sno-Way so I will not get into a discussion about the product since I will probably be a bit biased. Just two notes for you to consider: Sno-Way recently announced a 5 year warranty on all snow plows. All snowplows are built for commercail use.

Link:   Snow Way Site 

09-03-2002, 18:23 Post: 41976
TC29 in Wa.
2002-09-03 00:00:00
 Snow-way snow plow

I purchased an 8'Sno Way shortly after they were introduced. Used it commercially for three years, and found it to be an incredibly good plow. The only problem that I had was the clear lexan became scratched
(road sand) after two seasons and the headlights would not shine through it properly. Finally bought the light kit and was satisfied

03-16-2003, 16:27 Post: 51281
tele
2003-03-16 00:00:00
 Snow-way snow plow

have had a snow-way on two trucks now. currently on a f-150 and i couldn't be happier. easy on, easy off, light enough not to hurt the truck and pushes mounds of smow without problem. the down pressure is a major plus for back dragging. gets right down to the pavement on one sweep. i don't plow commercially but i've had other plows and this is definitly the best one yet.

03-16-2003, 19:02 Post: 51295
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Snow-way snow plow

I purchased my "Blizzard" 8' plow early last summer. I was able to buy it for just a bit more $$ than what you are talking due to the fact the dealer had three in stock and the snow was long gone (what we had of it last year). This is an extremely heavy duty plow with most of the same features I saw on the snow-way website. I like the fact both brands have eliminated the chain to carry the plow, I have had them snap upon hitting a pothole and sail the chain over the top of the vehicle into the road behind me. The Blizzard does not have down pressure as an option that I am aware of but the blade is HEAVY DUTY, back-blading is easy. I know several people around here that have them including the restaurant at the end of the road. He plows a dirt parking lot with it and runs a 1/2 ton short box pickup. I like the enclosed motor and relays that sit on the plow frame, I have owned several other brands and sooner or later water enters those grill mounted units and causes problems (you usually find it after the first good freeze/snow because everything is frozen and nothing works (and I did change the oil in them every year).

10-06-2003, 10:24 Post: 65674
ilovecatd2
2003-10-06 00:00:00
 Snow-way snow plow

I wouldn't buy a light duty plow, it will cost you in the end. The mounting brackets have to be bolted onto the frame. But usally don't use the stock holes, so you have to drill more, which weakens the frame. The plows are no well build at all, you probly have to have some part reweld. If you get a plow spend the money. Get a boss plow they are self mounting, you just drive up, plug it in, flip the mount switch and the plow does the rest no lifting needed. To remove just do the same in reverse and pull the mount pins. I have one on the truck for my landscape business. I will get two more plows for the new dump truck that are coming. Boss plows are the way to go, don't go cheap, it will cost you later

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Snowblowers / Snow Plows / Removal Forum

Thread 789 Filter by Poster:
1 | bob 1 | cutter 1 | ilovecatd2 1 | Mike Stevens 1 | RWK in WI 1 | TC29 in Wa. 1 | tele 1 | Tom 1 |

Most Viewed

+ How to build a Front End Loader Snow Blade
+ 3pt. Snowblower Brands??
+ 3 point snow blowers
+ McKee Snowblower Chute Operation
+ 3 pt to front mount
+ Kubota B2782 snowblower 63 front mount
+ Woods SB72 Snowblower
+ Front End Snowblower vs. 3 PH Rear Mounted Snowblo
+ Garden tractor with snowblower???
+ Front end loader snowblower?

Most Discussion

+ How to build a Front End Loade
+ 3pt. Snowblower Brands??
+ Garden tractor with snowblower
+ Survey How long is your drivew
+ Snow Plow on Tractor
+ Snow-plow
+ top qualitysnowblowers ?
+ hydraulic snowblowers
+ JD plow
+ JD 4300 snowblower attach

Newest Topics

+ Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins
+ Ready for Titan Snow with Loftness Rear Snow Blowe
+ 540 PTO speed too slow for snow blower
+ Survey How long is your driveway for snow removal?
+ Kubota B7500 used snowblower cost
+ kubota B7800, front end snow blower Hose Attachmen
+ Kubota B7610 BX2750 Snowblower Video
+ Show Your Snow Removal Equipment
+ snowblower
+ FORD 715A Snowblower operating speed

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines