Go Bottom Go Bottom

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
KYTIMM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-01-06          196050

Hey everybody, I tried doing a general search and had no luck. I have a TN75DA that will not warm up. I have changed the thermostat and put cardboard in front of the RAD. Is there any chance this tractor has the same problem as the TC's I read about. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-07          196053

Are you sure the Temp Gauge is working? ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
KYTIMM

2017-01-07          196055

Yes Temp gauge is functioning properly. Water lines running to cab are moving cold water, so water pump is pumping.

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
ford2000

2017-01-07          196056

Sounds like your heater is not working?

On that line could be air in heater hoses, clogged heater core, bad pump.....bad or wrong thermostat ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
KYTIMM

2017-01-07          196057

I am not that concerned with heat not working. My issue is that I not supposed to operate the tractor if if is not reached proper operating temperature, and it not reaching that.

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-08          196060

A couple of questions first since your post was rather brief.

You say it's not making heat, how cold is it outside?

How long and at what rpm did you have it running before determining it's not making heat?

A diesel really doesn't make any heat at idle, especially in cold ambient temperatures. Often you need to run it around and do some easy work before you get much in the way of heat.

Best of luck. ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
KYTIMM

2017-01-08          196061

Hello Murf, The outside temperature was 35 degrees before I changed the thermo, and 27 degrees after. I let it run at 1500 RPMS for 30 minutes. I did not work because I was told if it wasn't at proper operating temp (in the green) that I should not use it. I am more concerned about the tractor than I am heat in the cab.

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
Murf

2017-01-08          196067

Get an IR thermometer and read the side of the block, or a regular thermometer and take a reading of the coolant.

Basically you only need to idle a modern engine about 3 to 5 minutes at 1,400 or 1,500 rpm at those temperatures before starting to move the tractor around. Just don't put the rev's up above about 1,600 rpm until the coolant reaches 140 deg. F.

You actually do more harm leaving an engine idling stone cold than you do working them gently and warming them up.

A typical diesel is way over-cooled for anything but hard work in hot temperatures.

Best of luck. ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
rlm304

2017-01-09          196070

I don't know who told you to wait until it reaches operating temp. Thats folklore from years ago. Manufactures of engines now say that a "warm up of a minute is sufficent. Just don't use it to excess untlil it warms up I have a TC35D That I bought new kyears ago. Unless I am workinng it hard movin g snow, rotortilling, plowing, etc, my water gauge never comes up, ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
cutter

2017-01-09          196073

My Kubota temp gauge will not move until after some heavy use, even in the summer! Yet the heater is blowing hot air within a brief period of time (two or three minutes at best) when I warm the unit at 1500 RPM. Once I use it at higher RPMs to accomplish some work, the needle dues move up but not much. Been this way since new. ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
Murf

2017-01-09          196075

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlm304 | view 196070
Manufactures of engines now say that a "warm up of a minute is sufficent.

For the engine, yes, I agree, but for units with a hydrostatic transmission or even just the hydraulics for the FEL a minute is not enough.

At even just the freezing point the increase in viscosity can cause huge pressure increases in the hydraulic system until a few minutes of flow and friction warm it up enough to thin it out.

Best of luck. ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
ford2000

2017-04-28          196629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 196075
For the engine, yes, I agree, but for units with a hydrostatic transmission or even just the hydraulics for the FEL a minute is not enough.At even just the freezing point the increase in viscosity can cause huge pressure increases in the hydraulic system until a few minutes of flow and friction warm it up enough to thin it out. Best of luck.

As always Murf you hit on something that makes think on something I have consistently overlooked. Now to just remember this great point next winter! ....

TN75DA Does Not WARM UP

View my Photos
Murf

2017-04-28          196631

Thank you.

If you need to get moving quicker in cold weather, or just don't want to leave the machine idling cold, magnetic block heaters work really well. Just stick them to the underside of the TX and away you go. We use ones like this quite a bit.

https://www.amazon.ca/Kats-1153-Handi-Heat-Magnetic-Heater/dp/B000BOABS6

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login