Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
BRRanch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-31          87341

I am looking for feedback on these 2 comparable tractors. I have 20 acres, 15 or so that I will be maintaining. Looking at getting a FEL, rough & finish pull behind mowers.

Both are about the same price from my local Kubota and JD dealers. With the JD just a tad more money.

I am leaning toward the Kubota L3130. But this would be my first tractor purchase and I would really welcome any feedback.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-02          87492

Kubota's are known for there longevity and relaibility. They have many features that help to make maintenience and servicing easy. There are no hot spots to have to worry about when the tractor gets ten years old. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
char1iep

2004-06-18          88821

Here's the clincher for me: JD salesman proudly opened the hood. Only the top popped up: all plastic, even the hinge. He tried to remove the side panel, and the twist lock came off in his hand. I said "That's enough." I reached up to close the top, and it didn't budge with what I thought was reasonable pressure and said "I won't try harder." He tried, and couldn't overcome the hinge with on hand (he's over 6'3" and 220lbs) so he grabbed it with two hands and put some weight in it.
That was all the evidence I needed. I couldn't possibly be happier with my 3130GST. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-18          88822

Isn't anecdotal evidence wonderful? When I was shopping the Kubota guy had all kinds of problems getting the left side panel on a 3430 back in place because it didn't fit well. The panel gaps on that machine were huge. Maybe your JD sales guy was new and didn't know how to disengage the hood latch. I have had no such problems on my 4310.

There are plenty of discussions in the archives on the topic of plastic vs. metal body panels and I don't want to start another debate here. Both materials have their pros and cons. I do know that the body panels on my JD would be all scratched to hell by tree branches if they were painted and the plastic panels still look like new.

Regarding the 3130 vs. the 4310, they are both good machines. It would boil down to the quality of the dealer and how the machine fits you. I chose the 4310 over the Kubota because I greatly preferred the 4310 ergonomics over those of the 3130, and the JD dealer was far more customer oriented. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
char1iep

2004-06-18          88824

The JD guy was adult son of owner and Sls & Parts Mgr, so I guess he knew the product. Yeah, Phord vs Chev. Guy at Kubota draws buyers from way past closer dealers, including their sister store, on the basis of his personality and service.
I've spent past two weeks pulling brush, stumps, etc, and have been on/off 1000 times at least to set/release choker. Wide deck, tilt wheel and ergonomics are supurb - for me. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-18          88832

No problem with ford v. chevy with me, I hate 'em both :)

I found the twin pedal of the JD HST transmission more comfortable than Kubota's HST treadle pedal, and the loader joystick better positioned for long sessions of loader operation. Still, if the JD dealer was awful and the kubota dealer was great I could have gone the other way. It really boiled down to best dealer for me. After a year and 100+ hours I haven't been the least bit disappointed with my choice. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
Art White

2004-06-20          88976

With the Kubota if someone really wants a valve by the seat for the loader it is very easy to get one by just ordering the remote valve for the cab tractors. The 3430 hood opens enough to access most all components of the engine as the side panels raise with the hood. Many of the old models were equipped like many of the other brands and had sperate side panels sperate of the hood. Service ability on the Kubota is the easiest even the fuel filter is visible without lifting the hood. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-06-20          88980

I vote Kubota as well however I totally agree with Ken That the dealer makes all the difference. I owned JD for many years & probably would have stuck with them if my dealer & the big wig from JD corp hadnt done me wrong. However, After now having a slight taste for kubota & being thrilled, I am actually glad they did me wrong otherwise I wouldnt have had the opportunitly to own such a nice machine! ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-20          88988

I distinctly remember the sales guy pulling off the side panel to reenable the fuel shut-off valve so I could test drive the tractor. Maybe I'm confused on the model but I could have sworn it was a 3430. ....

Kubota L3130 vs JD 4310

View my Photos
drubrigi

2011-06-08          178903

i have owned a kubota 31/30 since 2003. i managed a 5000 acre hunting presurve with 55 green fields. The kubota is wonderful
never had any problems it carries a 5 ft bush hog i use a land pride
if you use a disc get a heavy one so it will do some cutting.
its a great tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login