Kubota B2320/B2620/B2920 Tractor Reviews: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Kubota B2320/B2620/B2920 Tractor Reviews: Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 04-11-2012, 10:03 Post: 183109
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Kubota B2320/B2620/B2920 Tractor Reviews

Like to get reviews of new owners of Kubota B series Tractors B2320/B2620/B2920. Likes, dislikes, like to have etc.

If you traded up from another model let us know how it compares to your old gear.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

04-23-2012, 11:16 Post: 183289
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Just for reference here is picture of a Kubota B2320 owned by Bristan8:

http://tractorpoint.com/ctb/memberPhotos/bristan83.jpg

04-23-2012, 21:12 Post: 183313
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I haven't seen that make loader before! Self leveling bucket and all!

04-24-2012, 16:27 Post: 183321
catred57

I see from the picture of bristan83's tractor that he uses the same solution for the low-hanging garage door!

05-02-2012, 15:41 Post: 183443
klesau

Just bought a new B2320 not even driven it yet , will let you know what I think. It should be good though my brother has one but 3years older and he said that it is the best tractor he had ever owned.

05-03-2012, 08:30 Post: 183448
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catred57 | view 183321
I see from the picture of bristan83's tractor that he uses the same solution for the low-hanging garage door!

I wonder if the ROPS offers the same amount of protection in that position? Would be great if it does! I have a low garage as well but my 2004 B series is either up or down, no drilling for a half way postion So Sad

05-03-2012, 15:29 Post: 183449
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Dennis, the halfway position is there, they just painted over it, and Kubota uses really tough paint.

If you measure carefully and use a really sharp 3/4" drill bit I think you'll find it right away. Wink yeah right

Best of luck.

05-03-2012, 19:52 Post: 183453
bristan8

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Comments on the 2320
I have had this tractor for a little over three years now. I am generally satisfied with it and it does most things I need. It is my first tractor so I don't have any other tractor experience to compare. When I was looking to purchase, I did quite a bit of research and looked at most of what was available at the time including the cheap chinese stuff. I narrowed it down to the Kubota and a similar spec JD. The Kbta 2320 has three ranges in the hst transmission and this was the decider for me as I have some quite steep hills I have to deal with. The JD ony had two ranges at the time. The low range will get up just about anything and the mid range is suitable for most work on the flat. The hydraulics are quite strong also and the FEL and 3pt lift are good. I have had no trouble at all in the time I have had it and it always starts easily. The only downside with it, and I have posted here previously about this, is the sluggish return of the HST pedal. Quite often I have to hit the opposite direction pedal to stop it. If I were buying again, I may also consider the larger engined version as mine could do with a bit more power on the steep hills. With a FEL, water filled rear tyres and a slasher on the back, that is a fair load for it.
As for the angled ROP, That is good for low overhanging tree branches. The branch can slide up the angled bar whereas a straight one will stop the tractor.
This tractor confirms, in my eyes, the reputation of kubota and I would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of purchasing in this size range.

08-04-2012, 02:55 Post: 184536
candoarms

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

DennisCTB,

I've owned my new B2920 for nearly a year now. I now have 149 hours on it. In general terms, I love it. There are a few things I would like to see changed, but this is always the case.

I sold my little B2100HST to my neighbor. The move up to the B2920HST was far better than I had even hoped for.

The things that impress me most with the new Kubota.......

1. Folding ROPS. This is fantastic when mowing around the younger trees and low-hanging branches. It's also great when hauling the tractor on a trailer, as I no longer have to worry much about overhead clearance issues.

2. Two-speed rear PTO. The rear PTO shaft has a 2-speed option. Run it at 540 rpm and full throttle when operating the tiller, snowblower, etc. Switch it over to the PTO generator and suddenly I can power most of my electrical requirements with the 960 rpm option, running the tractor and just above idle while keeping the generator at 540 rpm.......saving lots of fuel. I routinely use this option when using my welder, or my electric hammermill. Should I ever need the full output capability of my 12.5 kw PTO generator, I'd need to switch back to 540 rpm and full throttle, but this would be rare.

3. Floating mower deck. The new B2920 has a floating mower deck, which keeps the deck off the ground. The deck is now suspended under the tractor, rather than having the mid-mount mower riding on the ground as my B2100 had. There is much less wear and tear on the mower deck, and far fewer things to keep greased up. Additionally, the deck height adjustment can be performed from the operator's seat, rather than by adjusting the guide wheels on the mower deck.....which was a real pain.

4. 3-speed hydro transmission. The new B2920 offers three speed ranges, versus the two range, Hi-Lo option on the B2100. This is a big improvement, allowing for much better power and speed control options.

5. The new loader. Kubota redesigned the loader on the new tractors, eliminating the overhead support that once spanned across the top of the tractor, just behind the fuel cap on the B2100. With the cross-member now gone, the tractor looks and feels a whole lot better.

6. The cup holder. I know.....I know......a cup holder isn't a big deal, but I've learned to really like it, as it gives me a handy place to put my hitch pins when changing implements. I've used it as a cup holder just a couple of times, but honestly I'd rather just keep a thermos in the truck. It's not easy to take a drink while on the go. I'd rather get off and sit in the shade with my cold drink.

7. Loader valve location. The new B2920 has a relocated loader valve, which I really appreciate. Rather than mounted to the loader support, the new valve is located right next to my right knee. This is much more convenient, and far less work for my right arm during a long day of loader work. 8 hours of loader work no longer even seems like work to me. I love this improvement.

8. Operator's seat. The new seat is so comfortable that I don't even notice it anymore. What an improvement! Wow. I can't say enough about this upgrade.

9. Engine power. Needless to say, moving up 8 additional horses is bound to provide more power. I'm impressed. The new 29 horse engine is far more powerful than I even imagined. This was the primary reason for the purchase, but the power gain is far greater than I thought it might have been.

10. Improved headlights. The headlights on the new B2920 far exceed the quality and performance of the headlights on the B2100 I had. For the most part, the B2100's headlights were totally useless for anything. The new headlights on the B2920 are truly fantastic, and the tractor looks great too.

On the downside.........

The mower deck height adjustment system is a joke. I don't like it. It's a piece of junk and needs to be redesigned. Taking the task on myself, I've re-engineered it to actually work as it is supposed to. It's not an easy fix, but I'm glad I went through the trouble. It works perfectly now, and the retrofit was just the ticket. I'm very happy with the deck adjustment system now.

I miss the Bi-Speed turn feature that my B2100 had. The Bi-Speed feature increased the speed of the front tires when turning, which actually pulled the tractor around the trees. Mowing the grass isn't quite as easy as it used to be. I now have to go much slower around the trees, or the front tires will tear up the sod.

Maybe it's not terribly important, but the new Kubota tractors no longer have the option of adjusting the rear wheel spacing. The new Kubota tractors now have a fixed wheel stance. I miss being able to space the wheels out when logging, or when mowing steep ditches.

Overall.........the new B2920 is a dream machine. I simply love it. I'm very happy with my purchase. The frame size is basically identical to my old tractor, but it is far more capable with the increased power, loader controls, easier steering, and speed selections on the transmission. It's a great little tractor.

Joel

08-21-2012, 12:34 Post: 184690
Creeker1

Filter by User

Does the b2920 fel perform well moving soil? I'm considering a b2920 and would be using it to move delivered piles of bank run to various places around my property.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 183109 Filter by Poster:
Art White 2 | auerbach 1 | bristan8 1 | candoarms 7 | catred57 1 | Creeker1 8 | DennisCTB 4 | hardwood 6 | klesau 1 | Murf 1 | taogden 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission?
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force ?
+ Kubota B3200 vs. JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality
+ kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

Most Discussion

+ How to match Truck to Trailer
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Re
+ Kubota Number 1 in Compact Tra
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
+ Source for after market produc