Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota FG1860g gas surging idle

View my Photos
shogun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-13          182741

I ran out of gas and when I refilled and restarted, the engine is surging. It was so bad it wouldn't run without the choke on. So I drained the float bowl on the carburetor and blew out the fuel line back to the tank.

Now it runs but the idle still surges. When running at operating speed, there is a hint of surge and some light popping sounds in the exhaust.

I don't see how trash would have gotten through the fuel filter but that is what it acts like.

Any other ideas before I disassemble the carb?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-14          182752

some thoughts: sure water is not in the new fuel? could trash be blocking the fuel flow, check filter.
Try using Sea Foam (think have name correct) gas treatment. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-16          182776

All Kubota gas engines are susceptible to this. They run a very sensitive governor and any blockage, gum or debris will cause this.

Your running out of gas likely caused a bit of debris to be picked up, or some gum or varnish to become dislodged.

Kenny was right on the money, Sea Foam the little bugger.

In fact what I do is disassemble the carb, soak it in straight Sea Foam for a few hours to overnight, then blow it out and put it back together and on. Works well for me.

The 'new' gasoline with Ethanol is also IMHO contributing to the problem, the gas goes stale in 2 months now. I use a high quality stabilizer in all gasoline now, makes a big difference.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
shogun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-16          182778

Thanks for the response. That is pretty much what I figured. I'll try the Sea Foam in the tank as I suspect that was where the water was.

Thanks again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login