Go Bottom Go Bottom

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-29          99463

After much deliberating, demoing, and unbiased consideration, I purchased a 4300 hst/ 430 loader with 299 hours on it. I have noticed from posts and dealers own mouths, that there can be some John Deere issues with this machine. Can anyone help me make a list of JD type problems and solutions so I can make a preemptive stike to prevent costly problems in the future. One I can remember is the in line filter for the 3 point lift. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-29          99467

Be sure to remove the battery and inspect for corrsion damage in the trans oil cooler and radiatior. Test the anti-freeze with a test strip if there is no documentation that it has been replaced in accordance with the servicing requirements. If you are going to use these machine for finish mowing you want to test it out on turf to see if it has the front axle that tears up the turf. Hopefully it was replaced with the updated axle in the PIP. If this machine has the MMM installed; be sure to check the half moon bushings on the MMM lift mounts to be sure they are properly installed and have not fallen out. Check the 3 pt. hitch rockshaft axle housing mounts for cracks or bends if it has been improper used or abused. Lastly just check all of the functions and switches for proper function and operation and run the machine at full pto operating rpm and under load for at least 30 - 45 minutes to check for leaks or other problems. ....

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-30          99514

thanks Chief, I was hoping you would chime in. But now you may have put me in the dog house. My wife thinks I spend too much time online now. Your post motivated me to upgrade membership to read all the long posts. Now I have to go take pictures of all my junk and post it as well. ;) ....

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-30          99515

Well congratulations on becoming a Premium member of Tractor Point! I will look forward to the pictures you post. It is not junk, I think women view it as "man stuf" ;O) but like to consider it as "necessary miscellaneous residential implementation". ;O) Anyhow is sure is nice to have around when you need it. I am sure you will find that your membership fee will be money and time WELL spent. ....

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
harvey

2004-10-31          99542

Geeeeezzzzze, ask her, "home on line chatting with the boys or in the barroom..."? ....

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
Mike1819

2004-10-31          99543

Chief, what is PIP and MMM? Not wanting to sound dumb but I've only owner a tractor for a little over a year and I'm amazed at how much there is to know about them.

Congratulations on becoming a premium member denwood. Like you, I went ahead and bit the bullet and it's been one of the best things I've done. ....

John deere 4300 PROBLEMS

View my Photos
Chief

2004-10-31          99563

PIP=Product Improvement Program (John Deere's terminology for what you might call a technical service bulletin with an auto manufacturer). MMM=mid mounted mower. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. I remember asking the same question too. ;O) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login