Go Bottom Go Bottom

2210 62 quot deck--on off and adjustments

View my Photos
b8fish
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-25          91877

Noticing that as I take the mower deck off and put it back on that the lift arms are always in a different position relative to the stops on the frame. Seems that I can get them adjusted perfect without the deck, and as soon as the deck goes on, they are about an inch from the stops at full lift. Does this happen to you as well? I am getting tired of (and really don't see the reason to) readjust the lift links every time I put the deck on and off. The main reason I used to re-adjust was to get the deck a little higher off the ground at full lift, but I hav efound that just taking it off is easier if I am boxblading or bush-hogging.
Thanks,
Todd

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Wildman1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-26          91894

I never have that problem with my 54" deck. I didn't go out and look before posting this but could the link adjusters be rotating and changing the adjustment while being run without the deck on?? ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-07-26          91947

Wildman--I don't think so, I had just finished recalibrating everything back to orignal factory settings, and then put the deck--and it wouldn't lift all the way up. The tech's at the dealer have said that they think there are (may be) too many adjustments that you can do on the 2210's. Never thought of that as bad, just a pain in the a** ....

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-07-26          91961

I have the 62". I really like how easy it is to remove and install. It gives a great cut and never clogs. That being said, it is a real PITA to adjust. On paper, it's a simple process, but once you correct one adjusment, you then have to make another one. My biggest problem after making adjustments, was not being able to turn the height adjustment, even after adjusting the rod that goes from near the left lift arm to the back of the tractor . I finally solved that problem by oiling the height adjuster underneath the floor deck. The mower cuts great, so I quit obsessing with perfect adjustments. The deck seems to have stabilized and stays pretty close to where I want it. ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-26          91964

I believe it has to do with the weight of the deck itself. In my experience, with the deck on, the arms raise to within an 1/8” of the stops. While, with the deck removed, the arms raise and rest against the stops. ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-07-26          91981

Thanks for the feedback--just be careful of the arms hitting the stops with deck off, my rod was "mysteriously" bent--it may have been from adjusting the height with the deck on and not re-adjusting after taking it off. Todd ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login