Go Bottom Go Bottom

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
brucehill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-15          68847

Hello: I am having problems starting the engine. If the engine is choked it floods out and will not start. I have replaced the plug and air filter. It will start for about 2 secounds and then it is flooded. What can I do to keep this thing running. Any comments will be appreciated.

Kind regards:

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
jdgreen

2003-11-15          68865

It sounds like you have a carburetor problem. Either a bad needle valve or float. Has it been run recently or has it been sitting idle for a while. If it has been sitting with gas in the carb, it may be gummed up. May need to disassemble carb and soak it in carburetor cleaner. ....

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-25          69643

Sometimes if you are really lucky and the moon is 30 degrees on the horizon; lightly tapping on the carb. with a screw driver handle of some other object not likely to over do it or damage it will jar a stuck needle valve or float loose. If you get it running this way; take it out and run it for an hour or so doing something like mulching leaves or something. Add a can of Berriman's B-12 to the gas tank and refuel with gas treated with Stabil and run some more to run the carb. cleaner and fuel stabilizer through the carb good. Plan on rebuilding or replacing the carb. if this does not help. In the future ALWAYS put stabile in your gas to prevent gum build up and I periodically run a can of some B-12 through the carb. It usually works great. I use it on my boat after winter storage as well and treat the boats gas with Stabil. Also make sure to put the throttle in the full choke postion to prevent any debry from going into the carb, remove air filter and check for crub build up from crank case breather. Mine was filthy when I checked it on my F-525. Just be careful not to let any drop into the carb inlet when you clean it up. ....

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-14          71156

Bruce,

What is the story with your F-510? Made any progress on fixing the problem? ....

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
brucehill

2004-01-03          72990

Hello:

Thanks for replying to my question. I fouud out it was having spark plug problems. After I tried to start it with starting fluid and it started the air cleaner on fire. Got a new one now. It seems to run ok but it could run a little better.

Kind Regards,
Bruce Hill

F 510 Front Mower

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-04          73058

You got to watch that starter fluid. To much and you'll send the head or crank through the block. Eaton mower service burned a entire shop down after a machine caugh on fire from starter fluid. The fire dept. didn't have a chance to save it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login