Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 755 PTO Trouble

View my Photos
Sierra44
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-11          53012

Just recent purchased a 1991 JD755 with rear mower deck with 680 hours. I have put less than 3 hours on this tractor. PTO was operating mower just great. Now nothing. A friend told me that JD's have a solenoid that sometimes goes out and must be replaced. Searched owners manual, but can not fine any mention of this problem in troubleshooting section. Any ideas of what might be wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am new to the farm machinery scene. This is the first tractor I have owned.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 755 PTO Trouble

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-12          53014

There is gonna be a lot of GUESSING here. Is PTO linkage hooked/broken? Nothing loose? Pto is in gear? Shear bolt on mower? Mower belt?

I do not believe you have a selenid on yours it is or should be a regular PTO, clutch driven.

With out more info from you every thing is a stab in the dark.

What have you checked? what were you doing? what did you do? did the tractor have any funny smells? does the pto shaft turn and mower does not? Does the linkage for the pto work differently now than before?

Harvey ....

JD 755 PTO Trouble

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp

2003-04-12          53048

If your swicth is good, look for a brooken wire. ....

JD 755 PTO Trouble

View my Photos
Sierra44

2003-04-13          53076

This is an Electrical problem and I hate those, difficult to trace. Anyhow, the PTO will operate for a half hour or so. Then the 10amp fuse will blow. It could be a wire shorting out or...? Is there a website where I might obtain an electrical schematic? Thanks, harvey & Dana ....

JD 755 PTO Trouble

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-13          53077

The switch is interconnected to the switch under the seat. When you get of the tractor the PTO will stop. Check the wires and switch under the seat. As the whole assembly slides this is the most likely point for a break.
Peters ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login