Go Bottom Go Bottom

4115 with Snowblower - Hydraulics

View my Photos
Frank T.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-18          45127

I just purchased a 4115 John Deere with loader and a 60 inch Farm King rear mount snowblower. I ordered the blower with the hydraulic chute. I am told by the dealer that to hook up the hoses for chute, that I have to disconnect the hoses for the bucket (not a good deal for me). He said that they had talked at the dealership about a "T" at the hookup, however, that then the pressure would seek the weakest resistance and that application (either the bucket or chute) would move. You would not have full independent control over either one. I would like to have full use of the bucket and the ability to rotate the snowblower chute with out messing with the hoses. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Incidentally, I have learned more from reading this forum over the past few months - what a valuable resource!

Frank T.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-18          45135

You need a rear remote and another control valve. I am not sure where it would mount. ....

View my Photos
JackIL

2002-11-19          45140

Frank,

You definitely don't want to have the loader and blower connected simultaneously. John Deere does not offer an additional remote valve for this tractor. They do offer a set of 4 hoses that quick connect to the loader SCV and run to the rear of the tractor to provide rear hydraulic functions. You only need 2 for your blower, but the set has 4. The simple and cheap solution is for you to disconnect the 2 hoses controlling the loader bucket rotation and plug in the hoses to the rear controlling the chute rotation. You can still lift and lower the loader but not activate the dump function. Then when you are done snowblowing you hop off the tractor, disconnect the chute hoses, and replug in the 2 hoses for bucket rotation. You are then back in business with the full functions of the loader, and it didn't take more than 2 minutes to do.

Jack ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-19          45157

My problem would be that I use both my loader and blower for snow removal so swapping hoses would be a problem for me. I do have a three-section valve that gives me a valve controlled rear outlet. I still have to steal my bucket circuit when I use a3ph forklift with carriage tilt, but that's a manageable pain.

It wouldn't be too difficult, but an expense, to add an additional valve assembly for one or more rear outlets. A hydraulic multiplier would make swapping hoses on the bucket circuit a little easier. However, mounting and operation along with a loader valve intended for joystick operation might be a problem. There are mechanical and electric chute controls as well but that's a problem if the hydraulic control was purchased.

A t-fitting would work as described. Since a chute is a light load it would likely always be the one to move untill it came to its stop and then the bucket would move, but that would apply the continuous load of what ever weight was in the bucket to the fairly light chute and cable. It's probably not a good idea.

View my Photos
johnson445

2002-11-19          45196

You need a power beyond kit from JD $240, a valve, I used a cross valve model ss that takes full pressure on the discharge port ($85 each) I stacked a pair. You then need the hoses and a 2' bore 8" stroke cylinder. This will work great I just set up by 4110(same as a 4115 less 4hp) with a 60" allied which is the same a a farm king.

The phone for cross valves is 620-324-5525 ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-20          45205

John's comment is right. Figuring where to mount an additional valve assembly probably is the worst problem.

My attitude is that whatever it takes, a hydraulic chute is worth it. I haven't had any experience with an electric one though. Every time I have to 'thread the needle' blowing between vehicle parking areas and buildings I'm glad I have good chute control.

More important is that I clear two highway entrances. You can't push snow out on the highway or allow snow from the blower to cross the highway. With the hydraulic control, I can make the turns from drive onto the shoulder and I can keep the chute rotating while I'm steering around the corner. The snow keeps blowing into the ditch.

Since I'm going backwards with my 3ph blower, watching to make sure that I don't end up in the ditch and watching for on-coming highway traffic at the same time, I don't want to be thrashing around with an awkward chute control.

View my Photos
warren

2002-11-20          45231

Hi
You might want to try shut off values in the hoses that you could reach on the tractor seat posible another way to control the oil so you can work what you want to.Just a thought might work.
Warren ....

View my Photos
n0078810

2002-11-22          45284

I am making progress - I took the response from Johnson445 to our dealer and they said it made sense and obviously if it works on a 4110 - it will work on a 4115. The dealer raised the same question that others in this series of messages have asked and that is where to mount the control unit. Can you tell me how and where you mounted the unit?

I appreciate all of the input that I have received from all of you!

Frank T. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-23          45303

My loader valve has a set of in-line control valve handles rather than a joystick linkage. The valve assembly mounts on a steel plate pedestal to the right of the steering wheel about shoulder height. The plate has set screws so that it mounts on top-of a heavy steel pipe that (with a bend or so) mounts on the loader frame.

The location is very convenient and I don't have to stretch around too much whether I'm looking forward at the loader or backwards at the blower or box-scraper etc. I think the tendency for people who add a second valve assembly to an existing joystick type loader valve is to mount it on a fender. I think such a place might be more convenient than my valve as long as I was turned around in the seat to work a 3ph implement. However, I think the reach to the fender would be only convenient when turned around in one direction. I usually end up using both shoulders to look over. You might want to put your hand where the a valve might be located on a fender and then turn around to look at an implement over the other shoulder to see how it feels.

View my Photos
johnson445

2002-11-27          45489

I mounted two Cross valves on may 4110. Use one to rotate the shoot on the blower and one for the hydraulic top link. I have one valve on each side of the seat. I have two 3/8" holes on the front side of my ROPS that I taped out and made a bracket to hold the valve. One valve on each side of the seat. The valves are piped in series with quick disconnects on the valve to plug in the cylinders. As I said earlier I am using Cross SS valves. You can see them at Crossmfg.com. Nice little valves for about $85 each. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login