Go Bottom Go Bottom

1070 clutch replacement

View my Photos
Charles Andrews
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-30          43135

Anybody know the going price for replacing drive clutch? 1070 has about 825 hours, clutch hasn't slipped yet, but is at the end of it's adjustment. gonna go study my manuel and see if there is another adj on it. Thanks, Charles. N E Arkansas

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1070 clutch replacement

View my Photos
TomG

2002-10-01          43152

I can't say anything better than 'Not Cheap.' I know that there is only one adjustment in the linkage on my Ford 1710. It has a manual dry two-stage clutch. Both the TX and PTO clutches are in the same unit and ordinarily both would be replaced. I guess I'd get an estimate from a dealer and find out if parts by the dealer would be new or rebuilt. There might be a rebuilder around and the price of new parts could chopped a bit.

I recall a discussion here and have the impression that the typical life of a manual clutch is around 1500 hours--I think dry two-stage clutches were being discussed. So, if a new clutch is needed, it might be bit premature. Some operating techniques are easier on clutches than others.

1070 clutch replacement

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-10-01          43164

We only sold a few of that model here, the compact market had not hit this area yet do to lack of urban sprawl.Things are different around here these days for sure.

We haven't put a clutch in one yet,and they all have 900hrs+ to my knowledge. I could give you a clutch price, but would have no Idea what kind of labor is involved without doing some digging.

TomG's estimate of "not cheap" is as close as I will get, unless you feel your dealer is hoseing you on parts. Then I'll be happy to compare prices for you.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login