Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 755 Fuel shutoff solenoid hydraulic oil

View my Photos
RZIM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-05          35302

I have a sticking fuel shutoff solenoid that requires the rod inside the boot to be pushed forward by hand in order to start...any suggestions for adjustment or replacement of this part?
Also, is there any non-JD low cost "Low Viscosity" hydraulic oil out on the discount market that would be a suitable replacement? Thanks, Richard

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-02-05          35309

The sort of hydraulic/transmission oil that is in most newer tractors is pretty universal stuff. It's all sort of Ford/NH 134D'ish. Nobody can recommend departing from a manufacture’s recommendations. However, I've been using an AGCO multi-season HYD/TX oil in my Ford 1710 for awhile. The manual recommends 134D and my dealer recommends F200, a multi-season equivalent (it gets cold here). I use the AGCO oil because the AGCO dealer is much closer than my NH dealer--it’s not because the oil costs much less. I'll probably stock up on some F200 next time I'm near my NH dealer. Cheap hydraulic jack oils are available, but they don't work well in tractors. ....

View my Photos
jd110_1963

2002-02-05          35336

Does the engine stay running without holding the solenoid by hand? If so check the wire from the starter to the solenoid while cranking. If you have battery voltage in this wire while cranking, the fuel solenoid will need to be replaced. If there is no current in this wire, the wire is probably broken. If you have to hold the solenoid in to keep it running after it starts, I believe there is a relay that energizes the hold-in windings in. There is actually two separate circuits in the solenoid. one to pull the plunger in and the other to hold it in. ....

View my Photos
RZIM

2002-02-06          35353

TomG and jd110 1963;
Thanks for your responses...and, jd110, I will be checking out that suspected wire from the starter to the solenoid...it probably is the culprit and needs replacing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login