Go Bottom Go Bottom

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
Chris in IN
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-01          20236

Has anyone used the John Deere forklift attachment for the 430 or 460 loader? How well does it work. Chris

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
Eric Edwards

2000-10-02          20243

Yes, I purchased a 430 loader for my JD 1070 w/ hd bucket and separate fork attachment in the spring. At first I really wanted a skid steer type hookup. It seemed to offer more attachments especially on the used market, however I am pretty happy with what I bought. I can change from bucket to fork in about 3 minutes. The fork itself is plenty heavy. The adjustable height risers on the back to keep things from falling on you could be heavier and I have already bent one. The set bolt to lock a collar and therefore a fork in place is not as handy when changing fork spacing as some other systems but it seems to hold alright. I have been rough on the unit; Moving logs around. I also unloaded 10 skids from a tractor trailer the other day with no problem. On occasion, I have been know to pry up rocks and small trees with a tine. $1000. was a hard pill to swallow when the 430 w/ bucket was only $3000. but I wouldn't be without it now and for my purposes it is mounted 90% of the time. Good luck. ....

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-10-02          20266

$1000 must be the JD original. I too did not like the looks of the setbolt setup. Have you seen the aftermarket models for the Deere quick attach loader? 40% less, just as hefty and look easier to move the fork. ....

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
Chris in IN

2000-10-02          20270

Klay where can I find information on the after market units? Chris ....

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
Eric Edwards

2000-10-05          20347

Klay, yes the fork attachment I have is a JD unit. I want to build a snow plow unit for my 430 and am wondering if there's anywhere to buy just the attachment parts to weld on to a plow I already have for quick attachment. Actually, I'd rather attach a plow right to the front frame without the loader on but can't figure out how to go about it. ....

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-10-07          20395

Chris, when I get back to work I'll post the brand of attachment I was quoted from a local dealer.
Eric, I got this link from anouther post here on the CTB. Looks kinda neat.

http://www.curtisintl.com/tractor_loader.html ....

Link:   Loader frame mount blade

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
Jeff H.

2000-10-08          20422

Hey guys, I have a 4600, 460 loader, 73" bucket and pallets forks and like one said earlier I use my forks more than my bucket. Reason I went with deere forks is that they were in the back (in stock) when I bought the tractor last month. And they set them up and loaded them for 900 bucks. I also bought the forks because my dad vuilt a set for his skidloader and wouldn't have saved his back with out them. Pallets, bales, telephone poles, rerod, etc. are all uses I have used them for. Just don't get in a hurry when you're loaded and on a side hill without weight on back, it kind of makes ya think twice when you have to stop fast and it rocks clear off the back wheels, stupid? yeah, but makes me think about buying the wheel weights for it now. Experience is the best teacher! ....

Forklift attachment

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-10-10          20491

Chris, I found the MFR. name. Horst, $800 and $1100 for the JD. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login