Go Bottom Go Bottom

Quick-Change hitch systems by Deere

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-23          108596

John Deere currently sells the iMatch system, and Ball and Claw hitch similar to Pat's easy change and telescoping draft links. We've talked about the iMatch and Pat's easy change but I don't remember posts about the telescoping draft links. I see that CNH also has this feature on the D35 units and larger. This seems very simple and more rugged to me than the others. You may need to get off of the tractor but that is no big deal to me. Does anybody here use the telescoping draft links? If so, what is your impression?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-23          108599

I still have a 1973 Case 1070 farm tractor with the extendable draft links in a Cat 3 size. They were better than nothing, but just not as handy as a quick coupler. I don't know what the extendable links cost, but probably you could get the quick coupler for about the same and have a nicer system. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-23          108600

My 'bota doesn't have telescopic draft links, but it does have telescopic / adjustable sway control bars.

I find that just being able to release the sway bars makes a huge difference in being able to change over implements.

I have used telescopic draft bars before on a demo unit. I didn't find any real benefit to it. To me it doesn't matter if I have to fiddle around a little to line up the pins to the arms, or the pins to set the length of the arm, it's still the same task and takes the same time.

Mind you, I didn't find ay real benefit to the Pat's arm ends either.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-23          108630

I quess I have a differant opinion of the telescoping lower link arms.
I have 1 tractor with extendable lower link arms and 1 without.
I find the extendable link arms much easier to hook up implements (I like them).I can be a few inches off when lining up with an implement slide the arms out and hook up.
Without the extendable arms if not in perfect alignment I had to bar/pry implements into position. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2005-03-23          108634

I am with DK35vince. When I bought this tractor it had the regular links and that is what I was used to. Then The next year Deere came out with the Extend able links for this tractor. I bought them and am glad I did, That $200. was well spent. Much easier hooking up implements and unlike the quick-hitches it fits every brand of implements.

David

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-23          108641

Murf,
I noticed you mentioned having to line up pins in the extendable arms you demoed.
I'm not familiar with that setup.
On my extendable arms I push a lever and the arms extend/pull out.When I hook up the implement I raise the 3 point and the arms slide in and lock. There are no pins to line up.The only pins I need to line up are the telescoping sway bars. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-24          108659

I think the telescoping lower link arms are the simpliest way to go but am concerned about the strength. I didn't look at the Deere version but the CNH. The only have a metal stamping that is 1/8th thick carrying the cross-pin. They only offer it on the 35HP and larger. I'm going to check out the Deere version. I think it beats the iMatch since it doesn't require the exact implement spacing of arm and upper link height. ....

View my Photos
denwood

2005-03-24          108694

I am a big fan of the telescopic links having used them on mid size farm tractors for years. I would buy them in a second if buying new. I may add them to my 4300 in the future. I was under the impression that NH offered them on any of the D models (Deluxe) as well as the swivel seat that all companies should offer. My friend has a tc29d and he has them and likes them, maybe he added them later? ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-25          108704

I was looking at them last night. They do offer it on the smaller units as well. The bigger units have a piece that is about 1/4 thick,so they have made them stronger as the HP grows. I spend too much time reading manufacturer's literature that is wrong. The catalog said it was only offered on the 35 & bigger. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login