Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 670 specs and price

View my Photos
mbrown
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-10          105890

Can someone point me to information on a John Deere 670 compact tractor? I have been searching online for specs and prices for this model and there seems to be practically no info on the 670 - is there something strange or unusual about this JD model?? I'm looking at a 1996 4WD 670 with 600 hours and with a couple implements and also need to know a fair value.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 670 specs and price

View my Photos
kickapoobd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-11          105940

This was taken from a review by R J, Penn.
Posted online 01/20/2002

I bought the tractor to maintain ~ 3 acres. It had 600 hours on it and is in fine shape for an 11 year old piece of equipment.
Although a gear tractor, I don't find this to be am impedance for the work I do. In fact, I prefer gears (but I don't do much loader work other the snow plowing).
The 670 has an 18 HP (16.5 HP at the PTO) Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engine which is quite torquey, considering the displacement. It's a very tough smaller tractor. I use a 6' back blade for snow plowing. The 3PH doesn't complain at all about the weight of either the back blade of Befco finishing mower. The gear spacing is quite adequate to meet my needs (of course, my needs are 1st and 2nd low range...I rarely use higher gears and never use high range).
This tractor has a single stage clutch. This does not allow the PTO driven implements to run when the clutch is depressed. In retrospect, I'd rather have a dual stage (to allow the PTO to drive when I'm changing gears). The tractor is also a bit light (I've no ballast other then what ever is hitched to the three point and the FEL. On more then one relatively light snow, the front wheels have come off the ground while plowing with the FEL.
The FEL works well. I do see the advantage of having a toothed bar on the bucket. Mine doesn't have one (yet) and the tractor tends to ride up a pile of snow, rather then digging in. The FEL bucket (in "float") woirks really nice for pulling snow away from the house, or back off the road when I'm doing the snow thing.
I'd buy this tractor again. I expect to use it for at least 5 years....at least! If a choice between one with a single stage or dual stage clutch, I'd definitely grab the dual stage, all other things being equal.

Date Purchased: 9/2001
Used
US$8500
1800+ lbs ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login