Go Bottom Go Bottom

need help please

View my Photos
kbateman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-07-30          187754

We have an older gator (W004x2x010674) which someone said was a 1995? Kawasaki eng FE290D168212. Been running great for years and the other day ran out of gas. Put fuel in and won't start. No click, nothing. Replaced battery, ignition switch and now solenoid. Still nothing. If you jump across solenoid it starts right up as long as the key is in on position. Turn off key shuts off motor. The only safety switch I know of is the one where it has to be in neutral. There's no actuator in it to lift bed so those wires are just hanging inside. We did find a 30amp double blade fuse where all the actuator wires are, but I figured that was for that? I'm am dumbfounded! Red battery cable has a red wire at battery end that looks like it comes from voltage regulator? (the heatsink looking thing mounted on side). The other end of Red cable goes to Solenoid and gets mounted with another red wire that I assume goes to the switch. Black battery cable goes to top of engine ground along with another black ground wire. There is no other wires hanging around without a home. I can't find a wiring schematic anywhere on the internet. Can anyone please give any suggestions? I miss my gator :( thanks, Kim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

need help please

View my Photos
spyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-07-31          187762

Hi there,
you will find the technical manual here:

http://www.equinet.co.nz/manual/Gator_Utility_Vehicles_4x2_And_4x6-TM1518.pdf

You will see that there is a fusible link at the battery... I'd suspect that it could be the culprit. ....

need help please

View my Photos
kbateman

2013-08-01          187769

Thanks Spyder! I've been looking all over for that document. Have it downloaded but having a heck of a time trying to print the pages I need! Adobe keeps not responding! Ive uninstalled, reinstalled trying to get it to print...I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks! ....

need help please

View my Photos
kbateman

2013-08-02          187784

well it turned out to be a hot and ground wire that was rubbed thru in the harness where it enters the channel under the floor pan. All is good now and I've got my gator back!! Thank you to everyone who had suggestions! Kim ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login