Go Bottom Go Bottom

23Hp Liquid Cooled Kawasaki

View my Photos
JD-855-in-WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-20          175263

G'Day;

I'm looking for feedback on the life of the 23hp Liquid Cooled Kawasaki V-twin engine that John Deere uses in the X475 tractor. I've considering buying a lawn tractor but am worried about how long that motor would last. I would prefer the diesel except for the cost. I have a Kawasaki air-cooled on the material collection system for my 855 and I'm on the 3rd engine. The engine runs flat out and life has been about 3 years, even with 3 oil changes a season and adding an aux. air filter. My neighbor is looking for his second motor after 3 years of use on his unit. I guess this leaves me feeling less that great about Kawasaki. I'd like to hear back from form users.

Thank you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-11-21          175285

I've got two identical Deere 345 mowers with the 611V water cooled Kawasaki engines. One has six hundred something hours the other one five hundred some hours. Your engine is bigger a 745V but I think pretty much the same design.
I did notice a sticker on the side of one of my engines that gives the expected lifetime of the engine as 1000 hours, the other doesn't have the sticker.
I sometimes stop by the Deere dealership to visit a bit with the head of lawn and garden service. He is a neighbor kid, probably early fourties now but still a kid to me. He's been there since high school so I consider him knowing his stuff. I asked him about the 1000 hour expected lifetime sticker on the engine. He laughed and said it must have been some kind of thing to keep someone from suing Deere for an early engine failure. He went on to say that the 611V engine has had a good reputation with only one he remembered failing early from neglect, and that he knows of several that he has worked on with near 2000 hours on the original engines.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-03          175500

They have a "PLASTIC" cam gear that at about 100 hr shears teeth. Luckily it is a non interference engine. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login