Go Bottom Go Bottom

2030 Hydraulic Problems

View my Photos
Gary Kloxin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-09          116103

I have had problems with the Power Steering being hard to turn and the front end loader not wanting to go up. The PTO works fine. I have changed the hydraulic fluid, filter, and have cleaned the transmission screen. Everything seems to function after a cold start up, but that only lasts until the system warms up. I can tighten the rock shaft bypass valve that controls the rate of 3 point drop and it helps. I can remove the attachment off the 3 point and use the loader only and everything works OK.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2030 Hydraulic Problems

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-13          116317

Gary, I believe you have a valve that is hung up. I'm not that familer with the unit with out looking in a book but your problem might be external. If you talk with your dealer he should be able to tell you if it is external. ....

2030 Hydraulic Problems

View my Photos
jdgreen

2005-12-15          121140

Hey Gary, I know it has been a long time since yourpost, but I just stumbled upon it. I was wondering if your problem got resolved. It sounds like you have some blown seals in your rockshaft valve. That would require removing the entire Three point (rockshaft) housing to access the valve body. There are a couple of orings in there that tend to blow out over time that robs oil from your other functions and also causes the oil to heat up. The cost of parts is minimal but labor to get to it is the worst. ....

2030 Hydraulic Problems

View my Photos
agriman

2005-12-19          121391

Not sure of the tool in your box but, I would first check the Hydraulic pressure at your remotes if,I'm not mistaken it should be 2350 psi.

The system has a priority valve that should insure you always have steering if, the steering is soft than your pressure could be low. ....

2030 Hydraulic Problems

View my Photos
jwilly2

2006-12-23          138316

Gary...
I'm new to the forum and just found your post.
The fact that it works normally with a 'cold start-up' might indicate more serious problems than you would like.
These tractors have the hydraulic filter inside a canister just below the right side running board.. in addition, they have a pick-up screen in the bottom of the transmission/rear end case. From the filter canister and toward the rear of the tractor, you will see a plug (approx. 1 1/2 inch diameter) that has a square hole in it for a half inch ratchet to fit into... remove that plug and pull out the screen...if you have trouble pulling it out, go straight across the housing to the other side and remove another plug....you will then be able to bump the filter out with a long bolt or punch....the filter screen is probably 10" long and about an inch or so in diameter. If you didn't know of that screen and it has not been cleaned in a long time, you could have minor problems, but not likely. What happens most of the time is that for whatever reason the brake linings will come apart and cover this screen, causing the hydraulic system to 'starve' for oil. When the tractor sits not running for a while, that stuff will tend to fall off the screen and settle back to the bottom of the housing, so when you start up it works fine again until it pulls that trash back up around the filter and starves out the pump.... it doesn't completely cut off the oil, but it will restrict it enough to cause everything to giggle/jump. Many times I've had people tell me that....well my brakes seem fine...that can be the case and the linings still be completely gone, so just because your brakes act like they always did, doesn't mean the discs still have lining.
This is probably your worst case senerio and since it's been a while, maybe you've found something much more minor causing your trouble.
James ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login