Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma 254 Hydraulics foaming

View my Photos
aceme2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-06-28          195420

I need some help. Have a Jinma 254. The hydraulics keep foaming up. I found a bad o ring on the suction side at pump. Also have removed filter and cleaned. tested for water in oil. rebuild the steering cylinder, and drained oil and filled with AW32.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bogman

2016-06-29          195421

Cavitation can cause oil to foam up. As when a pump is not getting enough oil supply. This could be from a low level or a dirty filter. If all of these things are ok and there's no water in the oil, I'm stumped. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-29          195422

The bad O ring is probably the issue, sucking air into the fluid will foam it and so I found out will make it look like water in it. If you drain some of the foamy fluid into a clear cup or jar and give it a few hours if air it will clear up where if water it separates and you will see the water. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-29          195423

If you have air in the fluid it should be sort of bouncy in the operations of the hydraulics such as steering may turn and stop and then move again. Of course that would depend on the amount of air and the load on system.

I was doing some work for a friend with his tractor and it had air leak on the suction side and it worked fine for say 30 minutes and then you could not steer it, had to let it set and come back to the tractor in my case I am about 15 minutes from him so would leave it for 3 or 4 hours and it would work fine for short time and then leave it again. Boy did it take a long time to level his dirt, should have just driven mine over there. ....

View my Photos
aceme2

2016-07-20          195523

Would like to thank everyone for their input. found serval problems on this issue. oring at pump suction hose was bad, steering cylinder seals missing from wear and a hose leaking on the loader control box. System is working much better. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-07-20          195525

Just wondering, did your tractor run hot before you made these repairs or has it been running hot the full time? ....

View my Photos
aceme2

2016-07-20          195527

I really do not know. I just brought this unit. the kid I got it from had covered the vent with a plug so system was a mess to say the less. I removed bolt and made a vent tube then worked on solving foaming issues. He also did not have radiator cap on right so it over heated when I was testing it. found cap and put on and did not think much more about it till I had foaming concern corrected. my guess would be that it did have a overheating problem before. I just took apart to test thermostat and found someone has removed it. so I have ordered a new one. One more thing the fan pushes air into the radiator instead of pulling it. Do you know if this is right for this tractor? Have talked with some other people and they say most tractors pull the air like a car. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-07-22          195540

Do not know on the fan but of the tractors I know all pull the air. A quick check here, may give a good idea. With tractor running a good rpm see if you feel air coming through the radiator. If not I would change it to pull. I did post this on your thread about it running hot but also check the air filter and the air intake system. If clogged or heavy restricted will cause the engine to run hot also. My guess you will find air filter is way past needing to be replaced if you have not done so already. let us know. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login