Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Engine In the HD

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-16          132268

The 2007 Dodge chassis cab is available with a 6.7L Cummins with 610ft.lbs. of torque. And a Six speed auto trans. Anybody wanna buy a new truck?!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Engine In the HD

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-16          132270

It's about time to start thinking about trading my '03 H.O. Ram, but I dunno---it seems every three years the price goes up by about $8000. This one's been the best truck I've had. But then again the Mega Cab is looking nice too...Thanks a lot Tony---now I can't sleep. ....

New Engine In the HD

View my Photos
oneace

2006-07-16          132271

They are rated the same power as the 5.9L but with the new emissions regs and also with the commercial power rating you know this truck will pull its guts out. It also has industry standard frame rails for aftermarket box installation. ....

Link:   Chassis Cab link

New Engine In the HD

View my Photos
Chief

2006-07-17          132277

It is about time DC offered a factor installed exhaust brake! I just installed a Cummins (Jacobs) exhaust brake last week on my 2002 Ram HO and LOVE it!

One thing that concerns me about the new Cummins engines is that they are the emisions compliant common rail diesels CRD and I have been reading that althought the power and torque output has been tremendously increased over the 2002 and earlier engines; the fuel mileage has dropped an uncomfortable amount.

I just turned over 40,000 miles on my Dodge and am still in love with it. I would think since Dodge is only contributing the sheetmetal and cab to this new truck and the rest is Freightliner and Cummins; it will hopefully be a much less troublesome and reliable truck.

I sure hope they have fixed and correctly engineered the fuel lift/transfer problem. (read did NOT use and in tank fuel pump) I finally bit the bullet and installed the Vulcan "Big Line Kit" with the new redesigned Cummins fuel lift pump on mine recently as cheap insurance since my lift pump pressure was gradually deteriorating and flow volume dropping. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login