Go Bottom Go Bottom

loader control valve parts

View my Photos
paulmo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-01-30          194410

to anyone who may have or know where I might find a part for my Cub Cadet 485 loader. broke connection point at base of lever. the tractor is a 7360ss.

Thanks !

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-30          194411

Paulmo,

I'm led to believe that MTD is the exclusive distributor for all Cub Cadet parts.

Let me do a little checking for you.

I'll get back to you soon.

Joel

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-30          194412

Paulmo,

I found a parts website that lists your tractor. You might try the following (See link below)

If you can't find any parts for your loader valve, you can easily replace the entire loader valve for about 260 dollars. Check surpluscenter.com

You'll be looking for a single joystick loader valve with float. These things come in different sizes. Make sure you replace yours with one of similar flow requirements. I'm guessing that a 10 gallon per minute flow would be more than enough.

Hope this helps.

Joel

Link:   Cub Cadet Parts

View my Photos
paulmo

2016-01-31          194421

Joel,

Thank you for the tips on finding the part for my loader
valve control.
I will try the 800 number at Cub Cadet first, then proceed to the Surplus center if I have no luck with Cub.

Thanks,

Paul ....

View my Photos
paulmo

2016-02-01          194425

Joel,

I contacted Cub Cadet regarding the part on the control valve,
and it's no longer available.
I will probably need to buy a new control valve assembly.
I was wondering if there is a way to check the GPM of my existing set up to be sure to order the correct replacement
valve.

Thanks,

Paul ....

View my Photos
paulmo

2016-02-01          194426

Joel,

I contacted Cub Cadet regarding the part on the control valve,
and it's no longer available.
I will probably need to buy a new control valve assembly.
I was wondering if there is a way to check the GPM of my existing set up to be sure to order the correct replacement
valve.

Thanks,

Paul ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2016-02-03          194442

Paul,

You could measure the outflow on your valve, but I don't think that would be necessary.

A 36 horsepower engine won't put out much flow at 2200 psi. You could measure your valve and compare it to the dimensions listed at Surplus Center. That will give you a valve that is similar in size to your current valve.

Valves of this sort get larger and larger as flow requirements increase. The 25 gallon per minute (gpm) valves are HUGE. You'll likely find that the smallest (10 gpm) will be similar in size to your current valve.

Hope this helps.

Joel

View my Photos
candoarms

2016-02-03          194443

Paul,

I found a valve for you at Surplus Center. I'm sure this is what you'll need. See the link below.

Specs on this valve show port sizes of SAE 8. These are listed in 1/16" increments, meaning that an SAE 8 is 8/16", or 1/2" in size. (SAE 12 would be 12/16", or 3/4".) If your ports are 1/2", then this is the valve for you.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

Link:   Single Joystick 2-spool valve with float. Open Center.

View my Photos
paulmo

2016-02-05          194459

Joel,

That is the valve I've been looking at, the others specify a greater GPM number.
Will I be able to disconnect, and re connect everything without loosing too much hydraulic fluid, or do I need to find a way to collect what I can ?

Thanks Again,

Paul ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2016-02-13          194520

Paul,

Your loader valve is located well above the sump. You'll likely not lose more than a cup of fluid when making the change. Just fasten your hoses up high so they don't drain out when disconnected. A bungee cord or wire tie works well.

Caution here.....be careful not to allow any dirt or other debris to enter the system. Clean the old valve in place prior to disconnecting anything. Power wash the old valve, fittings, hose ends, mounting position...anywhere there could be dirt and grime that could enter a fitting or hose when it becomes disconnected.

Check your current fittings to be sure they'll work with the new valve. If not, do not disconnect any other fittings until you have the proper fittings in hand.

When installing the new fittings, be sure to use some form of thread sealer. A leak at the loader valve will really cause a mess. The entire tractor will end up being covered in oil.

Find a good hydraulic thread sealer. Do NOT use Teflon tape. Teflon tape is never used on hydraulic systems, due to the fact that it will either destroy a pump, or prevent a valve from closing. That tape stuff shreds when being screwed into a fitting and small amounts of it will enter the system. If enough teflon is used, it can plug filters, sump intakes, etc.

Hope this helps.

Joel

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login