Go Bottom Go Bottom

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-03          65386

Now I'm mad..I bought this TC45D used, but still under warranty. The local NH EQUIPMENT (no tractors) dealer WON"t work on it. The closest NH Tractor dealer, after much arm twisting, will work on it, but obviously, won't "do as much" for me as one of their own customers. They want to charge me for any work, and THEN submit to NH for reimbursement. I only need them to look at the temperature guage, the tach started acting up, a couple small leaks, and the HST pedals are sticky. Maybe I should have gone GREEN!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-03          65399

Many Deere owners have complained about dealers on this board too. Many on the board also think that selecting the right dealer is just as important as selecting the right tractor. I'm not sure condeming a brand for the actions of one dealer is fair. I have read post on this board about bad dealers and great dealers for all of the big three. This is the main reason I did not take the cheapest price from a out of state dealer. Good luck with your tractor ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-03          65400

I was joking about going green, however, it always amazes me when ANY dealer, (car, trucks, tractors, etc.) does not go out of their way to try to GAIN a new customer. I will probably own this tractor for 20+ years, and the opportunity to sell me service, parts, attachments, etc., is obvious, at least to me, if not the local dealers....By the way, the TC45D has been great, I understand a few minor things are bound to happen. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65401

Blueman, I can understand your frustration. Have you attempted to contact the New Holland corporate field rep in your area with this issue? As drcjv. said, sounds more like a dealer problem than a brand or model problem. It would seem to me that the dealer has a vested interest in addressing your warranty issues. Maybe a reminder from Corporate New Holland or the field rep will get them on the right track. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-03          65404

I haven't taken that step yet, as I used to be a zone mgr for FOMOCO, and hate having to "go beyond the dealer network". If it doesn't work out with the dealer, I will contact NH. What does anyone think the normal procedure for getting a tractor to a dealer for warranty work is, as far as transportation costs? I don't have a trailer large enough... ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65409

My John Deere dealer charges a $1.50 per loaded mile. I am sure this differs from area to area. Got any friends with a goose neck or heavy duty trialer? ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-03          65412

Yeah, but even friends need reimbursed for fuel, pizza and beer! By time I pay to get the tractor to the dealer for the few minor warranty items, I may as well do them myself! (Like changing the oil...here's a can of worms about to open...synthetic or regular? NH brand, or the best that Wally World or the local TSC has to offer? ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65414

For the most part. They are all good. I personally use John Deere 15W-40 Plus 50 primarily because I got it at a great price and buy in bulk. Wally World has various brands and types on sale from time to time such as Shell Rosmella T in both dino and synthetic or Mobil Delo or Delvac, they are as good as any. Synthetic might be a good option especially if you live in a very cold climate and/or keep your tractor outside. Make sure you buy a good quality oil filter; this is as important if not more so than a good oil. I stick with the John Deere filters on my 4410 and Fleetguard Stratapore filters on the Cummins. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
bobad1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-03          65416

I guess I'm spoiled. My NH dealer is great. Will pick up my tractor for $1 per mile, free hauling if warranty work is needed. Will send mechanic to the field for minor maintenance and repairs. NH called me 3 times to ask me how the new tractor was. I told them the gears tended to grind, so they called the dealer and he came out. Just "New and stiff", which turned out to be correct. The dealer called me 2 or 3 times just to ask me if everything was OK. Called me last winter for a super sale. Got a nice little plow for a song. Free donuts. Free delivery. If your dealer stiffs you, you can take comfort that NH is SERIOUS about customer satisfaction. My overall buying and ownership experience is A++. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-03          65418

Thanks, Chief! I use Rotella sythetic (it's cheap, and I've hear good things about it) in my VW diesel. Someone yesterday suggested the Mobil 1 Delvac. I'll stick with NH filters, I normally stick with the mfr's for the filters. I have to keep the tractor in an unheated barn, so I want to stick with synthetics...since I live near Pittsburgh. I'm sure I'll be using the tractor this year to clear the snow off the driveway...just moved into a log home I've been building for 3+ years with 600' of driveway. I hope the rear blade I have is going to do the job this winter, no budget for anything else at this time. By the way, was on my way to buy a 4310 before I came across this deal. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-03          65427

My JD dealer will pick up and deliver for free during the warranty and "free" afterwards. The afterwards "free" is probably built into the cost of service since service isn't cheap. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65435

It is soooooo much nicer when the dealer will come get it for free. It is a major pain loading up and hauling a tractor to the deal if you don't have a heavy duty enough or large enough trailer.

Blueman, if you keep your tractor in an unheated barn; you would definitely benefit from a block heater. Although not absolutely required, it does make start up and warm up of the engine MUCH more pleasant to deal with. Don't need to leave it plugged in all the time; just plug it in a few hours before you plan to use the tractor. That is how I do with the Cummins. It cuts way down on the intake manifold grid heaters cycling during warm up. Sounds like you are already on your game with the oil, filters, and maintenance.

I am looking at a Passat TDI in the future for when the wifes Taurus finally poops out. How are you liking yours? I here alot of good and bad. Mostly good on Fred's TDI Page and not so good on Epinions. This might make for another subjuect post though. Don't want to cause thread drift on your post.

Hope you get the tractor issues worked out. To be honest, it may be better if you can fix as many of the problems yourself. I do all the work on mine if at all possible; I am not real keen on letting someone else work on my baby unless I know them well and am confident they know their stuff. ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-03          65439

Chief, since I'm relatively new to the diesel era, where do you suggest I get a block heater, and how much? ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-03          65441

Probably gonna have to get the block heater at your local NH dealer. You can install it yourself, really not that much to it.

Here is a thread that was recently posted covering installation of a block heater in a very similar tractor to yours. Should give you a feeling for whether you want to try it yourself or pay to have it done. When you take you tractor in for the other stuff, have them do for you then. ....

Link:   Installing block heater

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
BillMullens

2003-10-03          65449

Blueman,
My dealer let me know from the beginning that transportation would be on me. That was OK with me, he is 1-1/2 hours away, and he dealer traded for my tractor, so he had to go get it to start with. He has been good to work with, I guess the trick is to negotiate such things up front.
I use Delo in my TC29; I just wanted to use something that was available at Wal-Mart and/or the local truck stops in case I needed some in a hurry. I order Wix filters from NAPA; last time I checked they could get any filter except the HST transmission filter.
When I installed my block heater, I hit it on the edge with a punch and hammer, but instead of spinning around, it pushed the whole plug in. I trapped it in place with the punch and got hold of it with some small vise-grips to pull it out. Having the vise-grips in reach helped. The heater installs like an expansion plug; turning the center bolt expands a rubber washer and seals it tight.
Bill ....

Boomer Warranty

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-06          65662

Just a quick follow up, I left a similar post on another thread. Thanks again for all of your input. I appreciate the help since I am new to the compact tractor world! The local dealer will be picking it up this week, he is going to charge me a total of $100 for pick up and delivery, and he is about 50 miles away, so not a bad deal. Unfortunately, I have what appears to be hydraulic oil all over the place, not sure where the leak is. I'll update later. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login