Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
rbz01
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-02          23876

I am considering buying a NH TC29D, with turf tires, with the following equipment:NH 7308 Loader w/ 68" bucket,NH 60" front mount snow blower,Land Pride FD25 60" grooming mower,Land Pride RC15 60" rotary cutter,Land Pride 1558 Rototiller.The entire package will cost $26500. From what I've read on this board, this seems high. Can anyone tell me what a good price would be.I just bought 10 acres in upstate NY, north of Albany, near Vermont. I have about 2 acres of lawn, 6 acres of pasture and about 1/4 mile of hilly driveway. I intend to garden 1/2 acre and expand the garden later. Is this an appropriate package for me. I've looked at JD and Kubota also, but I really like the Boomer. I'm a total novice at this, and would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
VT Steve

2001-02-02          23903

rbz01 As mentioned in my post of yeserday or so, I priced out a TC29D w/ R4s, 7308FEL,NH 930B 60" finish mower, NH 60" 105A Tiller for $20,000 delvd (dealer about 2 1/2 hours me and 3 from you). I know that front snow blowers are notoriously (as in highway robbers) expensive but I can't believe you can't get a blower and rotary mower for under the $6,500 difference! So $26,500 seems a tad high especially with turfs that lower my price down about another $200.
The rig you are looking at seems like it will be great for your needs. The only question I would have is whether you really wnat turfs. Ags or better yet R4 would probably be better for all of your needs except, perhaps, your finish mowings, and they probably would be fine for that as well. IMHO, the added security, durabilty and traction the Industrials will give you would be appreciated in the long run. Good Luck! ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
John Shade

2001-02-03          23906

Last year, one could buy a TC29D for about $14000 + $3000 for the 7308 loader in Ohio. I couldn't say on the other implements, but overall, I agree that the price seems high. That setup sounds ideal for your needs described other than I would recommend the R4's. I bought a TC33D w/ R4's last year & they work well for my needs. ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2001-02-03          23910

I just purchased a TC29D with turf tires for $13,588. The 7308 loader with HD 60" bucket was $2,926. Total price was $16,514 and that included welding chain hooks on the bucket. Of course that price does not include tax. Good luck. ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
RickB.

2001-02-03          23918

I would ask the following questions:
How much of the loader's mount kit will have to be removed to attach the snowblower, and how long will this take 2X a year?
If the driveway is NOT paved, will a blower work effectively and trouble-free?
Would a loader-mount plow be cheaper & better than a blower?
Will I want a cab to protect me when I am out there?
Do I really want turfs, and will a 60" blower clear my track width with turfs? ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
VT Steve

2001-02-03          23924

Consider that with a rear mount snowblower:
1. Save an avalanche of $$$
2. Much less hassle of install/uninstall (not unlike PC software)
3. Keep bucket on/available for balance & moving drifts, piles, etc.
4. Get to use that nifty swiveling seat for something more useful than showing other tractor owners your nifty swiveling seat!
5. No need for a cab - you keep warm from all the body contortions!
6. Get to come up with lots of answers for the same question you get asked over and over again - "Why isn't your snow blower on the front?"

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
Rick Seymour

2001-02-03          23925

I paid about the same as Larry in Michigan for my TC29D a year ago August. I've been moving snow (lots) here in SE Michigan and have been able to do just fine with my turfs & no chains. Never have had a traction problem, steering is a little problematical only if I have to much down pressure on the FEL.

I would consider a 72" finish mower rather than a 60". The TC29 handles it just fine & mowing goes quicker. I use a Landpride Model 1572 (72") rear discharge on my 5 (hilly) acres. I found out from Landpride I can get mulching blades for it. I plan to order those soon.

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-02-05          23965

RBZ01, I also live north of Albany and did a fair amount of shopping for Kubota and NH before I bought a JD4400 last year. I can probably guess where you got your NH quote from your product description. If you email me directly I'll fill you in on what I learned shopping in this area and what I thought were good dealerships and good prices. Good luck. ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
rbz01

2001-02-05          23966

Thanks, JeffM, I would love that info, but I need your e-mail address.-Rich

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
Peter Accorti

2001-02-05          23972

rbz01,

Just click on JeffM (in blue with underline) in the above message. I jump to his e-mail address with my browser.

Peter ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-11          24094

I am in approximately the same situation as you. Mowing, plowing and maintaining a few acres. The R-4's are NOT good in the snow, turfs are better, (I have had both)and my machine now has chains on all fours with those tires. I would spend the $$ for a tc33 as well. The 29 will bog down under a moderately heavy load (so did my 4100).It is a large, heavy machine and can use all the hp you can afford for it. The 33 will give you more power in the same weight package. I plan on trading for a Kubota 2910 in a year. Same HP, lighter, extra cylinder and smaller frame. The features on the tc are very user friendly and it IS a great mowing machine with the 72" belly deck. Happy shopping! ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
MikeG

2001-03-10          25303

The price does seem high for the package described. I am a NH salesman at Capital Tractor in Latham, NY. I'll be more than happy to work you up a more than fair price. I can be reached at 518-785-3377 or my cell # 518-469-9451. Today is Saturday March 10th and I will be at our Greenwich location until noon. My name is Mike. ....

New Holland TC29

View my Photos
rbz01

2001-03-13          25458

I hate to tell you this, Mike, but the quote I got was from Capital Tractor in Greenwich, although, obviously not from you. I had to replace my wife's pickup truck, so since I couldn't afford 2 loans, I bought a used Ferguson, that was in great shape. I am, however, looking for a grooming mower. The original Boomer package I was quoted included a Land Pride FD25 60" grooming mower. How about a good price on that?
I also want to thank everyone for their responses. I can't believe how helpful you've all been! As the growing season starts, I'm sure I'll have alot of questions, as a novice hobby farmer. Thanks, again to all! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login