Go Bottom Go Bottom

Which is better B7800 or B2710

View my Photos
highflier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-04          70303

New to the message board and hoping to get some info on these to tractors. I owned a B2150 a few years back on never had any problems with it. I used it to install above ground pools. It was great for doing the dirt work on getting the yard level. Looks like the B2710 is the same tractor and heard that was the replacement. Called my local dealer and he said the B7800 had 3 more HP, and was the same tractor, except it was $1,500 cheaper. Is the B7800 the same tractor with more HP? And why would it be $1,500 cheaper? I want something that will hold up well. We mainly use the front end loader for leveling the yards. Sometime we may have to take down 24" of dirt to get the yards level. The B2150 did a excellent job. Would like to have the extra power the B7800 offers if it is as durable. Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-05          70329

The 7800 is actually an economy version of the 2910.

It has the same 30 HP engine, transmission, wheels, etc. They deleted the position control on the three point, the deluxe seat and some of the other bells and whistles to keep the price down.

Last I checked the 7800 and the 2710 were nearly identical in price. The 2710 would provide more refinements and 3 less HP.

I think one of the smaller L series Kubota's would be closer to the specs of your 2150. ....

View my Photos
JParker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-05          70357

I just took delivery of a 7800, and did similar research. One of the features that you will lose on the 7800 is cruise control. For your pool & FEL work, that shouldn't be an issue. It does have a pedal lock.

I have a few rough spots in the field, and am thinking a little better seat would have been nice. I found I actually need the seatbelt on the flat land for bumps.

I also noticed after the fact that there are no rear hydraulic connections on the 7800. Since I am new to tractors, I don't know if they can be added or how often they are needed. I keep seeing references to a hydraulic top link as being a very useful 3ph accessory, but I assume the rear hydraulics are required to do this.

All this said, I still am having a blast with the tractor and 4-in-1 FEL. Sure has been a back saver cleaning up Isabel damage. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-05          70362

I too just purchased a B-7800 after looking at the 2710. Mine has a form of cruise control on it. It does not have the position control but has a 1/4 inching system that allows you to adjust the implement in 1/4 increments. It has worked pretty good so far. It is like comparing the Lincoln Navigator the Ford Expedition, essentially the same vehicle except the Navigator has some extra fancy things to run the price up. I would go with the 7800 and put the savings to another implement or two!!!
We just got some snow and I finally got use it for snow removal. I didn't put the chains on it yet but the R-4's gave me plenty of traction. I imagine I will need to put the chains on soon with the freezing rain coming. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-05          70371

I was at the Kubota/NH Dealer yesterday and asked the very same thing. The dealers response was that the 7800 and 2910 are the same tractor as far as Engine/frame etc. It is the bells and whistles ( nothing really more then Cosmetics ) Arm rest/ More plastic covers on both sides of the seat ETc Etc. The 2710 is the same senario with just a little less HP. They consider these the Deluxe ( as I understand it) Oh yeah and the 7800 I looked at did have Cruise Control. ....

View my Photos
yeagerk

2004-01-02          72906

i am contemplating taking delivery on a 7800. i have found the same thing as previous posters, just has slightly less features. the 7800 i saw did have cruse control. the only feature i think that would be missed is the telescoping feature the 2710 and 2910 have to make it easier for the 3 point hitch connection.

kabota guy, how do you plow your snow. i am looking for recommendations on what to buy. i am going to get the 7800 with front end loader, grader box for sure. would you recommend the front or rear blade or just use the front end loader?
thanks ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-01-03          72995

The front end loader works great plowing snow on asphalt but it takes a little getting used to on my gravel drive. We don't get a lot of snow but in the two snows we have had this year, I cleared a 200' drive in under 20 minutes which included cleaning the parking area too. If I was in a big snow area, I would definitely go with a blower. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-01-05          73161

I took a 7800 3 weeks ago after doing 2 years of research. The only feature you will miss is the position control on the 3 point. If you do a lot of grading, the 1/4" valve is no substitute for position control. Also be aware of the difference in hydraulic blocks. There is not a rear hydraulic bock on the 7800. Most dealers won't mention that. Other than that, great tractor. ....

View my Photos
Jelliott

2004-01-06          73233

beagle,

I concur! As I have posted several times since purchasing my B7800 last spring, the one thing I really miss is the full control 3PH. I believe I would still opt for the B7800 over the 2710 though. ....

View my Photos
flowerdog

2004-01-15          74069

I considered both of these tractors and went with the B7800. I've had it for about 5 months and really like it. It's my first compact tractor (other than a 1953 Farmall Cub which I owned for about 5 years and recently sold). I got my B7800 with the 402 FEL w/ 60in bucket and a Woods B60 box scraper. Looking at Rotary cutters now... Good luck. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-15          74078

yeagrek if you think my lights are cool, just wait until my snow plow comes. I got a front blade of a Kubota front mower. I am going to make up brackets to mount it to the loader arms like the curtis plow. I have about $335 in it when i am done, a lot cheaper that a $1500 curtis snowplow. Just waiting for it to be delivered. Right now i have a rubber cutting edge mounted to the bucket and a 51" new metor snowblowe. Only problem, no snow. Not a good thing when you plow snow for a living. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login