Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Richmon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-04          136595

Have just a few hours in this bad boy and today moving sand to my pole barn the tractor just about stalled. I stopped the tractor with the engine idling it would lug with the rpm`s going down to 8oo and back up to 1300. This would continue for about 20 seconds and then idle evenly. But once I tried to move the tractor the engine would bog down alomost stalling. I did not have the parking break on. I let the tractor rest for about ten minutes and then started it up and it ran good for a few minutes and then started to bog down once again at idle and while moving?? The engine temp is good and the engine oil is where it should be. Is it bad gas, bad injector, is the engine blowing up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
kevinj54

2006-11-04          136597

The engine temp is good and the engine oil is where it should be. Is it bad gas, bad injector, is the engine blowing up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If you put gas in it you have serious problems. ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Richmon

2006-11-04          136598

Sorry, not gas, but Diesel fuel. It is still the first tank of fuel about half left which the dealer filled up before delivering ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-04          136599

What color is the smoke? Black or white? ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-04          136600

Sounds like just bad fuel. Turn off the fuel, remove the filter bowl/separator (if so eqipped) and look for water or gunk in the bowl. If there's anything it it or clinging to the filter, drain the tank, flush with clean freesh fuel and put everything back together. Refer to the Owner's Manual on how to start an engine after running dry or after replacing the filter (bleed the system of air and prime it)(I can start my equipment without priming them but it wears the starters) It will take a few minutes to run the bad stuff through the injection system but it should return to normal in no time.

If the filter situation is okay and it still doesn't run well, then check to see that the fuel filler cap isn't plugged causing a vacuum in the tank. When you open the cap you should not hear the vacuum. If you do hear it, either clean the vent(s) in the cap or replace the cap with new. ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Richmon

2006-11-04          136602

It was starting to get dark when the problem occured so I can`t tell you what color the smoke was. Earthwrks, thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated! ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Art White

2006-11-08          136735

Hows this tractor doing, we haven't heard from you recently? ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-11-08          136738

Were you running the tractor at Full Pto speed or at idle. If at idle you are lugging the engine. ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Richmon

2006-11-09          136774

I believe I solved the problem by adding a deisel dryout additive to the remaining 3 gal in the tank. I then added fresh deisel on top of that treated with power service. Let it run at idle for about 20 mns. and moved back-fill to my new pole barn with the fel for about 40 mns. with no problems. In hind sight the tractor probably sat on the dealers lot all summer with minimal fuel in the tank. Combined with the tractor sitting outside in my lot with a half filled tank in the elements for weeks waiting to park in my new pole barn probably combined to moisture building up in the tank. Obviously being a rookie tractor owner I have allot to learn. Thanks for the posts on this thread! ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Richmon

2006-11-09          136775

Denniscb, I run the tractor at about 2300 rpm using the fel until it is broken in, I will not run near full pto speed until 50hrs. per dealers recomendations. ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
Art White

2006-11-09          136777

Glad to see you got it straightend out! ....

BX-2350 Blowing smoke

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-10          136781

Typically if the tractor has been sitting like you say and there is moisture combined with bad fuel, that is a bad mix for bacteria to grow in the fuel separator, which will plug the filter over time. I had a new Dodge diesel that wouldn't right--turns out there was about an inch of snotty gunk in the filter bowl. My New Holland stopped running because of the snot too. And it also rusted the steel filter ends requiring a new filter. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login