Go Bottom Go Bottom

I-MATCH

View my Photos
REX HENSRUDE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-19          71669

I WAS LOOKING AT THE I-MATCH SYSTEM OR A AFTERMARKET FOR .MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE HAVE AND USE THE SYSTEM?HOW DOES IT WORK FOR YOU?DO YOU HAVE TO BE ON LEVEL GROUNDMY 4310 OR CAN YOU BE OFF A LITTLE? I JUST HATE THE THOUGH OF HOOKING UP IMPLEMENTS SO IF IT WORKS IT WOOD BE WORTH THE MONEY.
THANKS
REX

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I-MATCH

View my Photos
austros

2003-12-19          71677

Rex,
I have an IMATCH system works great. However it only works with selected JD attachments. It is really great when I want to drop my MX5 on anything other than level ground. Seems all of these quick hitch types have some drawback. My dealer threw in the Imatch on my deal... ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
AlbionKen

2003-12-19          71678

Rex;
I bought my 4610 with it and love it. It helps to be on level ground as you need to line up the lower links first and then slide the upper in. The only inconvenience(s) I've found are (1) it adds a little length, and (2) it makes it a bit of a contortion act to hook up the PTO on my M6 cutter deck. But switching back and forth between implements is great. Also, while I'm sure not designed for it, it makes a great chain/drag hook platform for logging. I hook up the chain to it with the tongs hanging down between the lower two hook, back up to the log, put the tongs on it, and lift the 3 pt hitch and away we go. I've done it with 30" diameter, 25' logs and it drags 'em right out. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-19          71705

I have and really like the iMatch system. Unlevel ground isn't a problem for me because I have top-and-tilt. The upside is that I can change rear implements in less than a minute without getting out of the seat (well, you do have to hook up the pto on those implements requiring it). The downsides I see are the implements are a few inches further back and iMatch compatible implements are harder to find than regular ones. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
bmclernon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-22          71959

The other weekend I was cruising thru the Tractor Store and noticed a quick hitch frame. I think the price was around $170. Is this offering anything like the Deere iMatch? Which implements are iMatch compatable? Deere or TSC.

Thanks,
Mac:-)

I-MATCH

View my Photos
AlbionKen

2003-12-23          71982

The one at Tractor Supply sure looks the same. It would be worth taking some measurements to compare the dimensions. I believe that all of the new Deere implements for the 4010 series tractor are IMatch compatable. If you buy non-Deere implements you should check with the place you are purchasing from or take your own measurements. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
tk_csa

2003-12-25          72179

I had an iMatch and returned it to my JD dealer. Picked up one (then a 2nd) at TSC which has an adj. top point (unlike the iMatch) which is a must for non-standard implements. Will work with almost any implement. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-25          72184

I looked at the TSC version of the I-Match while at TSC a few weeks ago. Maybe this one had been setting outside for a long time and got rusty. It seemed like it was not of the highest quality. How well do the TSC models hold up and work? I was thinking of buying one to skid some logs with a set of lift tongs. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
tk_csa

2004-01-08          73454

I have no complaint about the TSC model. I use the same one on my 2210 as my 4700. Contrustion seemed very comparable to the oem JD. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-01-08          73459

The "Quick-Hitch System" has been around for a long time. I believe the U.S. Patent ran out recently and that is why J.D is able to offer the i-Match. Believe I have a copy of it laying around somewhere. Farmers use it on their big equipment, however, in bigger category II or III frame sizes. It (Q-H) does have a limited adjustment on the upper link allowing you to pick up varying implements with different vertical mast height spacings. The problem is when you go back to the other implement you need to re-adjust. However, if you had all Land-Pride stuff or KK stuff they may have had the same spacing.

The i-Match is great for the beginner that wants to buy all new attachments and have everything fit. JD has done a beautiful job in marketing the system. If you have some older implements the Q-H system may be better if the spacing is within the adjustment range. If the finish on the TSC system isn't to you liking a can of JD green is $4.49 or red, orange, yellow blue or black also works.

There are a number of other quick-change systems out there. The Delta Hook and Freedom Hitch are the most popular in advertisements. I've never used either. The Freedom Hitch has an implement section and tractor section. The implement section is adjustable. You could purchase several implement sections and you can quick-change non-standardized implements. Technically it sounds good.

I don't change implements that often and have learned to do things the hard way like we always did back on the farm. I get off the tractor and shake & wiggle till it fits.

To the best of my knowledge, the mast height on i-Match is 11 1/4" from center line of lift arm pins to centerline of top link pin in a straight vertical path. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-08          73462

The I-Match (or any other brand) system is great, if you have the implements to fit it. The problem is, there's no standard.

If I have a quick hitch and have to get off and adjust it to fit, what's the point. You can retro fit most any implement to work but you didn't pay for that.

I've found, for me, the telescoping links work a lot better. The biggest reason being I have a concrete floor or level surface to work with.

If you're going into this with all new implements, the quick hitch would be the way to go. Just be sure the measurements fit the hitch.

Just my .02 worth
Billy ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-08          73464

Billy is right. The package I bought had all I-Match compatible implements and it is a breeze to swap between them.

It can be a challenge to find I-match implements though. When I looked for rear pallet forks I spoke to Rankin and ended up paying them an extra $30 for I-Match forks. When they arrived they didn't work and I found that Rankin never even tried them. Needless to say, those are being returned and I'm getting some forks from Rears manufacturing that they guarantee will work. I think it's worth the extra hassle up front to simplify swapping down the road but everyone needs to make their own choices. I can't imagine my wife working a pry bar to swap implements. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
tk_csa

2004-01-09          73518

There is another option for a quick hitch. This is probably the best as far as being a truely "quick hitch". Do it all from the tractor seat. It is also the most expensive, requiring a unit for each implement, but once you get it all set up it is a great system. Probably not in the price range of most hobbyists. ....

Link:   Jiffy Hitch Systems

I-MATCH

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-09          73525

I'm not sure how a Jiffy Hitch is any faster or better than any of the others on the market, although it certainly is more expensive.

I am also not certain that it is a "do it all from the operator's seat" deal either. It could only be such if you are using an non-driven implement like a rake or blade, and even then not one that requires hydraulic connections. All the other 'quick hitches' I have seen take nothing more than the flip of a lever or two to unlatch the jaws that hold the 3pt hitch pins and if you have to connect a driveshaft and/or hydraulics anyway whats the difference?

Best of luck. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-09          73533

Our property has almost no level ground other than the driveway slab. That makes it tough to hook up heavy implements. With I-Match and Top-N-Tilt we can hook implements almost anywhere without worrying about the geometry between implement and tractor. It was an expensive setup, but Top-N-Tilt is quite useful anyway and I think it was well worth the money. ....

I-MATCH

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-01-09          73539

A quick hitch not being capatable with attachments is what I ran into .
I purchased a Speeco quick hitch from Tractor Supply a few years ago.
Nearly all my attachments needed to be altered for the quick hitch to work.I threw the quick hitch into the corner of the shed where it has been buried ever since.
The tractor I have now has top/tilt and extendable lower link arms making 3 point hookup much easier, so as far as I'm concerned the quick hitch can stay buried.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login