Go Bottom Go Bottom

Website

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-11          73730

Just thought I'd let everyone know, website has been updated today with more pics. Kind of simple right now, but I'm learning.

Somebody must be watching, because there were 10 hits on it while I was updating it!

Link below.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Website

View my Photos
murphyg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-11          73738

Maybe Kubota could use some your pictures on their web site.

Thanks, ....

Website

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-12          73772

A man after my own heart, 4 grade 5 bolts and a 1/2" thick steel bracket to hold a single worklight......

I bet it pretty steady though..... LOL

Good job.

Best of luck. ....

Website

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-12          73806

Gold anodizing matched nicely. Yes, quite stable. I could lift the entire tractor, FEL, deck, catcher, trailer with snowblower on it by those brackets! ....

Website

View my Photos
JParker

2004-01-12          73830

We don't usually see enough snow around here to have people buy blowers, so I have a dumb question.

I see a drive shaft into the blower, but where does it attach to the tractor?

Great pictures.

- JP ....

Website

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-12          73831

The mid PTO... the same place you run a mid mount mower. ....

Website

View my Photos
JParker

2004-01-12          73832

So a 90 degree turning gear and away it goes...

Thanks.

I thought they could do that or go all the way to the rear, and just use a straight gear or belt or...

I'm sure shorter is better in this case. ....

Website

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-12          73833

Av8r's #5 picture is a good view of an over inflated rear tire. I know, I know, it is an unloaded tractor, but it shows what to look for in a tire imprint/profile.

Nice Pics. ....

Website

View my Photos
JParker

2004-01-12          73834

I was looking at the site he linked to, I didn't realize he put them here as well. Much more convenient.

Those tires look a little too new. Still have all the fuzzy nubbs, and its way too clean. My tires were muddy before the ink on the check was dry. ....

Website

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-13          73884

JParker, how is the hitch working out for you? Have you used it yet? ....

Website

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-13          73900

In the background you'll see my pressure washer. A clean tractor is a happy tractor. Yes, only about 12 hours on it so far, more snow tonight though.

If you're referring to my 3pt hitch, it works great, use it to move the car hauler all the time. ....

Website

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-14          73933

AV8R: Mine is a comment about the site rather than the pics. Looks like the site design is in hand. I did notice that you're coding in plain old HTML.

If you're going to do a fair bit of site design and maintenance you might want to take a look at HTML style sheets. It's a way of getting almost all of the HTML tags out of the content files and into their own files that can then be assigned to any content file you want to have the same style. As the content gets longer and more complex it ends up taking time to fish through code trying to find the or pictures you want to change. It also means that one change to a style sheet can make many formatting changes to the same or to many content files.

There also are features that helps get text where you want it easily (indenting and white space for example) and for ensuring that most systems and browsers in use will display a site OK.

Few pros today code in HTML. I'm no pro but I do have three sites and the time I spent editing was getting too much. I stick with HTML but it was really worth it to study enough to convert two of the three sites to CSS as it's called.

Website

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-01-14          73941

Actually, everyone who does this for a living like I am is writing HTML. One of the key differences between a newbie and someone who does it for a living is that a developer writes programs that write the "HTML" code dynamically at run time, whereas the novice uses an IDE like Frontpage to generate the HTML.

When the novice uses an IDE, all of the "Style" (fonts, font color, bold......) get embedded with the HTML tags. With a CSS style defintion, each HTML tag can be associated with a style for that HTML object. This allows for adjustment of a style from a central style file that can impact many html pages that reference it, and this is what makes it easier to maintain HTML code.

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

Website

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-14          73947

Hi Dennis. Seems like I touched on another part of your life. Strange the sorts of things that can be found on a tractor page.

I think we both have the same message. Once a site gets a bit complex and maintaining it starts taking a lot of time fishing around in files of content with embedded HTML tags then CSS sure does simplify life and also produce better results. I sure was happy to throw away all the old HTML tricks I learned to get decent formatting, and now I don't have to worry that I changed all instances in all files of what started out seeming like a simple fix. CSS does have quite a learning curve but it's well worth it if a site starts getting complex.

I think I got the impression that pros weren't using much HTML from a comment on my HTML editor's site when I upgraded it. Well, the new editor does generate decent CSS and various HTML standards despite the comment. I've also noted a bunch of file types (PL PHP CGI/Perl etc.) that led me to believe that people were generating entire sites from various scripts. I use some canned CGI and PHP myself but I wouldn't want to learn how to program it myself for what I do. CSS works just fine for me, and the site that verifies CSS and accompanying HTML code also is just great. ....

Website

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-14          73990

Wow. You guys are WWWAAAYYY over my head. Like Dennis said, my site is generated by Frontpage. It's all I can do to manage that right now. Looking into taking some classes maybe, but ... ....

Link:   

Click Here

Website

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-15          74034

Morning AV8R: I got so caught up in my own subject I forgot about yours. You did what I advocated doing several times before Dennis provided a pic capacity on the board. Yours is a good effort. If everybody did that we wouldn't have to live with the size restrictions for posting on the board and doing so would reduce the traffic and costs of operation.

I think it can be a decent hobby to have a personal site as well as useful. As you likely discovered it doesn't take a huge investment in time to gain enough skills either. It also doesn't cost much since most ISP accounts provide enough server and traffic allowance to support a personal site as part of the service. The CSS stuff might be useful if editing stops being fun or interesting.

As an alternative to classes, I put up my first site about 10 years ago on a corporate LAN (didn't make the systems department too happy either). I never took any classes but I had several books. Mostly what I did was look at the source of other sites; look up statements I didn't understand and generally do what other sites did. If you haven't discovered it, the IE6 view menu has a choice titled 'source.' ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login