Go Bottom Go Bottom

Used Brush Bandit 150 12 quot chipper

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-10          93159

A dealer a few hours away has a used Brush Bandit 150X (or 150XP?) chipper with 1200 hours on it for sale. This is a 12" drum chipper with hydraulic feed, powered by a 4 cyl. Ford engine. They're asking $8900 for it. They claim it has just been serviced (whatever that means) and that it runs great but would be sold as-is. Does this seem like a reasonable price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-10          93197

kwschumm
$8900? What does one sell new for? Must be one heck of a machine. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-10          93199

Not sure what they cost new but I've seen used ones for more than $15k (usually with 80-110 hp diesel engines). ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-12          93360

I'm still not sure if $8900 was a great price for this chipper but I bought it anyway. It will be delivered in two weeks. They are changing all fluids and filters, checking and greasing all bearings and seals, putting fresh knives on it, checking and replacing hoses if needed, giving it a tuneup, and throwing in a spare set of knives for the price. THIS baby should do the job. 85hp of pure chipping power. ARGH ARGH ARGH! ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-14          93494

Ken - Your gonna love it! How many hours are on it? I have rented various brush bandit model chippers & they all work well. What are ya going to do with yor jinma chipper now?

12" chippers are big money so if ya got it for under 10K your doing well assuming it's in good condition. I would say in MHO More bark, Brush bandit & salsco are all top quality chippers. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-14          93510

The Bandit doesn't have an hour meter so nobody is sure how many hours are on it. It was a one-owner machine and the owner was the only operator. He claims it had about 1000 hours on it and an independent mechanic estimated it at somewhere between 800-1200 hours so I am taking them at their word. When it's delivered they will give me a day to inspect and use it and I can back out of the deal if I decide to. I'm not sure what I'll do about the Jinma. Storage is scarce right now so I may sell it, but it would be nice to have around because it's a lot more mobile than the Brush Bandit. Here's a pic of the new one. ....

Link:   Bandit 150xp

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93563

Is that the exact one or just a pic you found of the same model? If that is the same one it looks very clean. I'm envious! With the use of your grapple, You wont have any problem with it as far as modility. I have gotten tow behind chippers in some tight spots, It just takes a little more patience & time to get them there. Congradutations...I hope it works out for you. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-15          93583

That pic is the exact one I'm getting. It's expensive but various tax credits and writeoffs will pay for much of it. After 3-4 years it will probably sell for a large fraction of what I paid for it. Hard to pass up. BTW, I'm becoming convinced that $8900 was a good price for it. I have found two 150XP chippers of the same year with diesel engines of the same hp rating and they are both going for around $14.5k. I would have liked a diesel, but not at a $5.5k price premium. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93595

That sounds right...I know with truck purchases, You pay about $5000 more to have the deisel engine for the exact same truck, same options. What does it weight? Did you get a manual with it? ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93596

Ken - was the pic of the chipper taken at your house? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-15          93597

The chipper won't be delivered until the 26th so the pic was taken at the dealers. They're about 4 hours south of me. It weighs about 5000 lbs and is supposed to come with the operators and service manuals. As much as I like diesels I can't say that a $5k premium would be worth it. Parts for this Ford industrial engine are easily available and supposed to be fairly cheap and even a rebuild shouldn't cost near $5k with me supplying the labor. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93599

wow...5000 lbs! must be a pintle loop tongue hitch stlye. I am going to start shopping for something similar next year. My wife & I are bidding on 27 acres of land this week for a weekend retreat spot. It is loaded with white pine trees & various hardwood trees. It has no clearing at all yet so I will need the chipper next summer. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-15          93605

Good luck on your bid! It's sure fun to go out in the trees and work, and it's a lot more fun and a lot less work with good equipment. Hopefully this chipper will be just the ticket. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-15          93606

Thanks! I let ya know how it goes. I'm such you'll be thrilled with that chipper. ....

View my Photos
JParker

2004-08-15          93615

Ken

Are these chippers to turn the ex-christmas tree farm into mulch, or just clean up from storms & land clearing for trails, roads, buildings...?

- JP ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-16          93639

Mostly to turn the ex-Christmas tree farm into mulch. The trees are way too close together. We'll probably end up falling 2/3 of them and limbing the rest 10-12 feet up. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-26          94606

The new (to me) Bandit chipper arrived today. It sure is a smooth running beast. The flywheel is huge, and it seems to take two minutes to coast down when the clutch is disengaged. That puppy carries a lot of inertia. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94646

Ken - You had posted pics of Your grapple & the lines to it close up. Where can I see those pics? I need to replumb my lines. I have to remove the lines all the way back to the rear valve when I am not using the grapple & its anoying so I want to see how yours are run. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-26          94653

I ran out of pictures so posted them on my ISP. Here's a link to the thread where I posted the links. ....

Link:   Bodozer grapple link

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94669

thanks! ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94672

I like the way your dealer ran the lines. Basically I need to get a set of elbow couplers like you have to solve my problem. I wonder if I can add those to my existing lines or if I need to Buy all new lines? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-29          94924

We used the "new" used chipper for about six hours today. What a beast! I fed it a 30 foot noble fir about 7" thick - it sucked it in and chewed it up like it didn't exist. Argh Argh Argh! It runs a little rough so I'll give it a tune-up and rebuild the carb. There is nothing better than having the right equipment for a big job. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-08-29          94927

Pictures, please? I wanna see it chewin! Argh, argh, argh! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-30          94966

I was gonna take some pics yesterday but the wife loaned the digital camera to a friend. Once I get it back I'll take some action pics :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login