Go Bottom Go Bottom

Do you use Twitter Facebook Linkedin Stumbleupon

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-07-30          184477

Wondering if many or any of you use these social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Stumbleupon, Digg, Delicious, etc.) and what if any linkage should be added or deleted from the Tractorpoint site.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-07-30          184480

Call me a Luddite, but I ignore them all

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-07-30          184482

My only concession to social networking is LinkedIn and I only use it when I'm looking for work. So I haven't used it in six months and probably won't be back on there for a few years (hopefully anyway). ....

View my Photos
Murf

2012-07-31          184486

We use Twitter extensively, but not as a social networking thing, we use it as a project status tool.

The site superintendent can update the owners, notify me of an issue or ask a question, any of the employees can instantly send an alert about something without filling up anyone's email inbox. It's super easy to attach photos and creates a continuous running record of everything going on at a particular site.

With one Twitter account per jobsite, each person can contribute to, and anyone can look at any one or all of the jobs in seconds.

Besides, the 'push' notifications can let me get only the urgent stuff, not the mundane regular communication.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-07-31          184489

I am on linkedin but rarely do anything with it, probably should.

I have a Facebook account but almost never bother with it.

I don't do Twitter at all, but I may look into what it could be used for based on Murf's comment. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-08-01          184497

I have Facebook account both personal and business. Seldom check Facebook.

Have a linkin account I think but have never used it. I like the old methods of communication; phone, fax, email and texting.My business requires faxes or secure emails which I have never found one that cared for. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-11-27          185557

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 184482
My only concession to social networking is LinkedIn and I only use it when I'm looking for work. So I haven't used it in six months and probably won't be back on there for a few years (hopefully anyway).

Ken are you using Linkedin to find work from home technical assignments? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-11-27          185559

Dennis, when I was doing freelance consulting nearly all my work came through word of mouth and not through advertising or a web presence. Then companies outsourced their HR work and started contracting only through job shops (which took a big chunk of the salary). So now I'm working full time for Intel Labs and am not really on LinkedIn much anymore. Mostly when I do log in it's just to keep my resume current.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-12-01          185568

Are you able to work from home though? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-12-01          185569

Sometimes I work from home but usually not. The policy allows it but the project requires working with a big rack of computers and diagnostic test equipment so it's usually not feasible. The commute is only 20-25 minutes so not too bad.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login