Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractorpoint Alerts via Texting to your Cell Phone

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-06          180214

My kids almost exclusively communicate via texting. In some ways that is laughable others its scary. But the reality is there that if you want to get to someone quickly texting is probably the fastest and most reliable.

So would Tractorpoint members be willing to add their cell phone number and carrier so that new message alerts could be sent as texts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-06          180220

I'd say yes -- where a poster specifies the recipient(s) the post is directed to or maybe specific threads that a member could subscribe to.

I think that if I had these new services, I wouldn't welcome the clutter of "New Message" announcements on as popular and wide-ranging group as this one. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-09-22          180494

Test ....

View my Photos
Murf

2011-09-22          180500

I probably would provided I could set the parameters.

I don't think I'd want an alert at 3am that somebody in China had just spammed the site.

I must admit, I use texting a [u]lot[/] myself, it's a bunch cheaper than dozens of international calls a day. It also beats screaming from one end (or floor) of the house to the other.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login