Go Bottom Go Bottom

myToday Page -- last word list - do you use it

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-10          150124

I was wondering if any of you know about the "Last Word" (mytoday) page and if you are using it.

First the "Last Word" myToday page is located at the top of the "new as posted page" ( only for TP Contributors currently).

I used it today to find the thread where I had been talking about the difficulty I had with attaching my grader blade.

So what does the "last Word" (myToday) page do? It lists all of the threads that you have posted in and that someone else has gotten the last word in since your last post.

I just changed it so that it now retrieves all of your messages for the last year instead of just 45 days. So if you have a lot of posts they will all come back on one page. I have not tested this for our more prolific posters, so hold on to your seats if you press that button ;)

I don't want to crash the system with this so let me know if you have problems.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-10          150127

I use it fairly regularly, particularly since I, unlike a lot of the other users, limit myself to only daytime weekday visits.

On some Monday mornings there's a pretty fair pile of posts to wade through, so I go to my 'last word' page to start with what I've been contributing to.

Thanks again for all the efforts you've been putting into this board.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-01-10          150130

Thanks Murf!

Do you think it should be located off on the menu for each users profile as well? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-01-10          150131

I use "new as posted" all the time and have never seen the myToday last word list. I still don't see it. ???? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-01-10          150132

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 150131
I use "new as posted" all the time and have never seen the myToday last word list. I still don't see it. ????

It is right at the top of the new as posted list your page should have this text on it :

"Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > kwschumm's 's Last Word List > Messages as Posted " ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-01-10          150133

Ohh, THAT :)

I was looking at all over for something that said "myToday Page".

No, I haven't used that. I generally just use New As Posted and look for new messages. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-10          150134

Personally, it's fine where it is for me.

If I'm looking for something that I recall a certain person posted, I just use the search function and search by their user name.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2008-01-10          150135

Dennis I typically use new as posted. During the construction season I tend to have to use the last post thing. Sometimes when CRS has really set in I have to go to all posts.

I do not thhink the last thread needs a year but maybe it does for others.

Thanks again for the fine job you do.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
bvance

2008-01-10          150141

Dennis,

Excuse the off topic question here but as long as we are talking about site improvement.... Remind me why when we attempt to reply to a thread, it takes us to the sign in again complete with password etc. I have a password manager that automatically adds in my user name and password so that's not the problem, but then when I do it takes me back to the sign on page and then I have to go find the thread I was looking at to post what I had wanted to originally and go through the posting steps again. Seems like a lot of unnecessary steps to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Brian ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login