Go Bottom Go Bottom

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-06          139590

Do anyone else get this Magazine. Either paid for or free? If so is it me or is it just written for the ads?

Just received with survery of compact tractors: Guess good selection of what is out there, other than they missed JD and Kubota brands. Noticed each reveiw gave page number for list of their dealers. In same reveiw they discussed some equipemnt for those tractors, think largest tractor was about 30 hp. Funny, one piece of equipement was for about 80 to 100 plus tractor and another was a 9 foot disk with 20 inch blades. Boy my Kubota CUT must be a whimp, don't think it would handle a 7 foot disk much less 9 foot. Sure does make ME appreciate TP.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-06          139607

Kenny, I know you're getting long-in-the-tooth :) but when you're typing, PLEASE wear your glasses and put down the 'burger and Coke (or use Spellcheck tehehe). It's getting harder and harder to read your stuff! :)

Pretty soon I'll have to get a (local) translator!

And I ain't jis' sayin'!

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-06          139608

Kenny: Another thought: have your really cute-sounding office girl, (you know, your "research assistant" that called me---good one!) to proof your posts! She sounds edumacated.

Also, seriously speaking though we had a smallish '47 Farmall that had no problem pulling an 8' disk with big cinder blocks on it for weight. That was the same one my sister aka "Lucky" got run over by. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-02-06          139610

KT,

I had no problem understanding what you were saying. You know how those transient transplants transpire.

Love you EW. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-07          139616

SG, as a true southern gentleman, thank you.

EW may be right, he may need glasses, just might explain the lace and circles. Now who was it that knew him so well they suggested lace for his tractor as a sun block? ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-07          139617

SG and Kenny: But see you guys speak Redneckglish as a first language; I'm still learning. English is my first language.

SG, love you too. Now bot' a you gimme a hug. SG, you still wanna make a video? hubba hubba ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-07          139619

I dunno Jeff'ry, if yer a Yooper, or even frum just NEAR da UP, English is NOT yer first language......

Shud we send'ja some curds an brats' jus ta hold ya over?

But I'm jus askin's all.......

;)

Best of luck. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-07          139620

Kenneth, in poor ole EW's defence.....

Circles are a time honoured northern tradition...

Your southern roots are showing......

Anybody's ever snow-plowed 36 hours straight cleaning up what Ma Nature leaves us knows, plowing in a circle means 100% of your time is spent plowing, and none of it is wasted backing up. :)

Got'cher back der Jeffy ......

Now I'm goin' out ta push back da drifts some....

Best of luck. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-07          139621

THANKS MURF! We Nort'ners gotta stick togedder.

Just for the record I live(d) 30 miles southwest of DeeeTroit near the Ohio border. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-07          139628

Murf, on roots, here when you talk about going in circles it means they are not getting anything done. We don't have many round fields or yards. Can understand for doing such as snow or grass cutting and yes thanks to EW leveling dirt how circles or ovals work and rather well. Just sometimes I think EW's does very tight circles and ends up dizzy.

As to EW's reference of Northerners' sticking together...are you considered a Southerner in Canada or a Northerner? Or does Canada just have east and west? Reading where EW claims to be from, he probably is claiming he is a Southerner Wolverine.

Okay, just a friendly comment to those who don't know...all is friendly fire...still TP brothers. :)

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-07          139629

Kenny, errr..."my brotha" or "m' bubba" as they say here, for the record it was a well-respected Redneck from Kentucky living in Michigan for over 40 years that told me about grading in circles---and it really isn't circles--it is overlapping circles. If you keep going in circles you'll dig yerself a doughnut-shaped pond. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-07          139631

EW, I tried to give you credit on that. It did work well. It even makes sense. Now that you remind me a person from Ken-tuck told you about it, makes me feel better. Wait, was the reason he went in circles was to grade around the hills or mountains?

Murf, in case I did not make it plain, I understand the wasted time and wear of backing up. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-02-07          139632

KT,

The real reason for plowing in circles is so they dont get lost. When they finish the 360 they say " I have been here before, now I know where I am at". And the process continues.

MURF,
Sorry, could not let that pass.

EW,
Hubba bubba wanta hugga. ....

Acreage Magazine

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-08          139647

SG, the smartest man I know.
As someone well known says, Now that is funny.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login