Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anybody else had this years version of the FLU

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-29          121931

Christmas night, in the space of about an hour, I went from feeling fine to spending the night(well almost the whole night)in the bathroom.

As I write this on Thursday, it is the first day this week I have not been flat on my back in bed sweating then chilling to the bone, or in the above mentioned room.

And this from the guy who normally doesn't get the flu or gets just a mild case. According to Fox news yesterday, E.R.'s in California are swamped with cases and people are reportedly not able to get out of bed.

I have reason to believe they are not exaggerating.

The same news reports said it appears to be spreading eastward, making inroads as far as Kansas.

Do yourself a favor and stock up on some sort of immune system support and/or some of the new flu meds...... you might need it and when it hits, it comes on so fast that you will not be able to do much for yourself.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-29          121936

Sorry to hear that Mark. What a lousy time to get it (not that there's a good time). I thought I had it this last Tuesday since I had a very sore throat all day, but Wednesday it was gone. Time for a flu shot if I can get one. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-12-29          121938

Got something now, the whole nine yards. Sinus infection, cold sores, fever, tired...blah-blah-blah. Happens to me every time around Christmas. Spent Christmas Day in the emergency room a couple years ago with a fever of 104. Found out that time it was pneumonia.

Hope we feel better soon!!! ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2005-12-30          122025

Got it Tuesday morning; 72 hours later I was able to eat a PB&J sandwich and some soup. First time I've missed a day of work due to illness in years. Nasty.

I recommend not getting it!

Take care,
Bill ....

View my Photos
Justus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-31          122060

I thought there was less frequency in POSTS (At least on some subjects). I hope you guys are back to normal, or at least as normal as you get, real soon. I also hope the flu shot I got stands up to the pressure. Best wishes and Happy (and healthy) New Year to you and yours! Steve ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-31          122061

It is not the most pleasent way to spend the holidays. I hope you are all recovering well. It happened to me 20 years ago before I got married but lasted from before Christmas to after new years. Maybe it was an omen? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login