Go Bottom Go Bottom

Wildman 1 is no longer with us

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-13          120955

Those of you who have been here for a while might remember my buddy Mike from Alaska.

I got word this morning that he died Dec. 10th of complications from brain cancer.

He had not posted for some time while fighting lung cancer into remission and was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor.

He was good folks and will be missed.

Mark

Link:   Wildman 1

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-13          120956

Thanks for the update Mark. He seemed like quite a character, I would have dearly loved to have met him.

Maybe one day I will. Did he have family? ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-12-13          120957

I liked to hear him talk about his flying exploits and encouraged him to write about them. I had noticed that he hadn't posted very much lately. I suppose he was not the type to talk about his health problems. Hopefully that new motorcycle he bought a year or so ago gave him some relief from them.
Dave ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-12-13          120959

Murf.... He left a wife behind. Not real sure about kids.

Kinda scary. He wasn't much older than I. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-12-13          120961

That really sucks, all pilots share a special bond, even if they've never met in person.

Until you've flown you just can't understand the feeling, pilot's even jokingly say that every other pilot is a friend of their's, some of them we just haven't met yet.

I know that 'scary' feeling you mention all too well..... ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-12-13          120962

Sorry to hear this. Wildman's profile had always captured my interest. He must have lived a full life. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-13          120967

Thank you for telling us Mark. I am saddened for his loss and we are all to the less for his passing. His stuggle is over and may God bless his soul. ....

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-12-13          120969

May God rest his soul. I always liked picture #14, I've actually seen it on other web sites.

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-13          120970

Dennis, would it be too much trouble to ask about making a section for fallen comrades/tractor point members who have passed away. I think it would help us all to remember and think of those who have gone on before us. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-13          120977

May I ad my sympathys to those already expresed. Frank. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-12-13          120980

I would also like to add my condolences! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-12-13          120988

Wildman1

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."

Link:   Wildman MIke and his Tractor

View my Photos
pkcowboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-13          120989

I am new to the forum and did not know Wildman, but my prayers go out to his family and friends.

View my Photos
Murf

2005-12-13          120994

Ah there you go, send someone off with an Irish prayer and the good Lord will surely bless his soul.

Michaél, codladh sámh, rath Dé ort, ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam slán go fóill. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat!

(Translation "Mike, sleep well, rest in peace and the grace of God be with you until we meet again. Have a good journey." a traditional toast given at wakes, we don't believe we lose friends, but that we will see them again, believed to have come from the intermingling of Irish & Viking cultures.)

I'll hoist a glass of fine Irish Whiskey in his honour after dinner. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-13          121007

That's sad and scary. I wish I had known him better. We need to remember to appreciate our good friends and family while we still can - and tell 'em! Godspeed Wildman. Maybe one day we'll all follow the Irish road and rise up to meet you. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-12-13          121018

As someone with a brother-in-law fighting testicular cancer and a friend with a recouring brain tumor, I can say yes, it hits too close too often.

God speed to you, Mike, and may the wind be on your tail while en-route. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-12-14          121056

I remeber his posts and photos. But I am sad to say I didn't know him well. On the plus side it looks like he enjoyed life. A good memorial to him would be for all of us remember to enjoy life while we live it. You never know when it will be your turn to cross into the next adventure. ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2005-12-14          121095

What a shame...very sad. As others have said, it seemed like he lived a good life, largely full of those things which brought him happiness--a good lesson for those of us still living here on earth. I didn't know him, but he and I had corresponded a few times about tractor stuff. He seemed like a very giving person. He will be missed here, and in many other places, I'm sure. Thanks for the update Mark. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login