Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ogura Clutch Bearings GT2-MC01

View my Photos
dnrsslr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-30          167100

After replacing the center shaft bearings, all the idler bearings and the bearings on the front idler, it is VERY quiet when the clutch is engaged. But, it is noisy when the clutch is not engaged. I have read that it is probably the pulley side bearing. Has anyone changed one of these bearings in an Ogura clutch? How do you get the bearing out? The clutch is an Ogura GT2-MC01. Can anyone give me the exact bearing numbers for both sides of this clutch?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-01          167108

You don't get the bearing out, the complete unit including the pulley and mount and all is a sub-assembly that comes as a single unit.

They are about $100 each and are available at any place that sells commercial mower parts. It's the same one used in several models of Ferris and Scag mowers, widely available, just Google it and choose your vendor.

Not that I'm particularly recommending them, but the place below lists them, they were merely the first place that came up.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Air Cooled Engines Website.

View my Photos
dnrsslr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-16          173160

Update:
I changed the bearings in the clutch this spring. Ahhh... much quieter! :) It was a little bit of a pain but not too bad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login