Go Bottom Go Bottom

What is the best UTV to buy Polaris or

View my Photos
Unclebob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2021-05-18          200331

Looking for a 2 seater UTV, have seen lots of Polaris RZR around here. Are they the best ? Is there another brand that is better value?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Skyler

2021-05-19          200332

Polaris makes some very nice UTV's the RZR models tend to be their sportiest ones.

Realy depends on what you usage is going to be as the the RZR is highe ron performance and lower on practicality.

You better buy some ear protection as they really make a racket :-) ....

View my Photos
mountainlake

2021-05-20          200333

I know Polaris sells a lot but if want quality that doesn't break down stay away from Polaris. Can AM , Honda, Yamaha, Kubota, Kawasaki are all built better. Steve ....

View my Photos
Ernies
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2021-05-20          200335

I have friends in the Carolina Applachians that seem to love these Polaris RZRs.

First they have lots of money for toys. Seems all the residents in the community have luxury Mountain homes that have car garages PLUS UTV garages. Since it is so hilly there with mostly older buyers they buy these UTVs to get around instead of walking which is too hard !

They first buy lower priced units like Mules and usually 4 plus passenger models so they can cart the max number of people around with just one unit.

Then they find their teenagers and young adult visitors are bored or embarassed by the uncool 6 passenger UTV.

So they trade it in on TWO RZR 2 seaters with the sportiest look possible. Hell it is no fun being a passenger in one of these is it? Lets drive !

I have seem residents with 3 or more RZR 2 seaters, as many as they can fit in the UTV garage.

OK the scary part is these go for $12,000 for the rock Bottom up to $34000 at the high end, but most pay around $19000.

After a couple rides I wised up and brought cotton to stuff in my ears. The radiator is in front of your feet and if you are tearing it up with the engine roaring you will feel the heat!

I was not aware of how pricey these toys were at the time. I noticed that one of the neighbors had decided against the RZR and had a Toyota Tacoma 4WD. At the time I thought he was CRAZY and would ruin his truck on these rocky trails. But heck he has AC and quiet for the same price as these rackity RZR's. Guess he is the smart one, though as long as the high center of gravity causes him to roll it, which on these trails is highy probable. First time I saw him on the trail I thought he was nuts or was able to back up much better than I do as it would not be long before the trail was impassable and too narrow to turn around.

View my Photos
charlieK

2022-03-06          200903

I'm partial to Polaris UTVs

my 2012 570 RZR is all I need ....

View my Photos
jaoneill

2022-03-18          200916

Depends on your intended use. I have a Kubota, a Polaris, and a 6x4 JD Gator that is hands down my "go to" machine. This gator was initially designed for golf course use so it has an extremely light footprint. Due to its large flotation tires it will barely leave a track where the others will leave ruts and a muddy mess spring and fall. It also has a larger cargo bed that is much lower, making it easier to load (mine all has an automatic dump). For an old guy, around the farm there is no better option. ....

View my Photos
KennyG

2022-04-01          200965

Hands down HONDA I am on my third Pioneer Never returned for repair, Quiet, Good resale. My son has had Polaris lots of troubles, engine went out at low mileage, Polaris would not warranty it. Polaris has the worst warranty in the UTV market. The Pioneer is the best all around UTV ....

View my Photos
gagaid99

2022-04-14          200972

I agree that the Polaris is high on Kool and low on reliable. I like the Honda, Deere and Kubota in that order. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login